TL-SG108E Configuration for VLAN Isolation with Edgerouter Lite VLAN Spec.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-18 08:27:04
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello TP-Link forum,
I appreciate the advise:
I have a Edgerouter Lite (ERL) configured for a VLAN on eth2 port (eth2.30) and assigned to 192.168.3.1. (eth2 is assigned to 192.168.2.1, eth1 is assigned to 192.168.1.1, eth0 is the WAN)
I just purchased and configured the TL-SG108E for 802.1Q VLAN; Isolating ports 1 &2 as a "Guest_VLAN", and ports 3-7 as a "Computr_VLAN"; port 8 is connected to the ERL. I have established the PVID on ports 1&2 to the VID for the Guest_VALN, 2 (LAG1), and the PVID of ports 3-7 as VID for the "Computer_VLAN, 3" (no LAG).

Questions:
1) How do I assign the Switch VLAN (Guest_VLAN on ports 1 &2) to the ERL router VLAN (eth2.30)?
2) Do I need to assign the "Computer_VLAN" (ports 3-7) to the "non-VLAN" eth2 on the ERL?

I appreciate the advise: I don't see how the VLAN on the switch is being assigned to the VLAN on the Router (for proper QOS and firewall rules already in place).
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E Configuration for VLAN Isolation with Edgerouter Lite VLAN Spec.
2016-02-23 17:21:35
I tried my best to figure out your topology, I hope I have got you right. You connect the 108E to the front switch via port 8 and you set 2 VLAN (VLAN 2 and VLAN 3) in the 108E. Port 1-2 is for VLAN 2 and its PVID is 2; port 3-7 is for VLAN 3 and its PVID is 3.
I think your have done almost all the settings but the uplink port 8. In your case, you need to set the port 8 as general+tagged and the similar settings for the coressponding port in the fornt switch. In other words, we need a trunk tunnel between the 108E and the front switch. Hope this can help you.
Options
Re:TL-SG108E Configuration for VLAN Isolation with Edgerouter Lite VLAN Spec.
2016-02-25 02:26:08

zwj1314 wrote

I tried my best to figure out your topology, I hope I have got you right. You connect the 108E to the front switch via port 8 and you set 2 VLAN (VLAN 2 and VLAN 3) in the 108E. Port 1-2 is for VLAN 2 and its PVID is 2; port 3-7 is for VLAN 3 and its PVID is 3.
I think your have done almost all the settings but the uplink port 8. In your case, you need to set the port 8 as general+tagged and the similar settings for the coressponding port in the fornt switch. In other words, we need a trunk tunnel between the 108E and the front switch. Hope this can help you.

Thanks for the advice:... Got it. The final answer was inded the Yes I need a VLAN set up on the router to match each VLAN on my switch, with a PVID that matches on the switch and router; and a tagged trunk. All works. Thanks,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2180

Replies: 2