Moderator approval?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Moderator approval?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Moderator approval?
Moderator approval?
2016-02-19 03:06:44
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I posted my first question yesterday... and have not seen the posting appear yet... What gives?
I am in real need of an answer.... (Topic is VLAN settings on TL-SG108E for communicatios with ERL router.)
Options
3 Reply
How to set a Management VLAN for the SG-108E?
2016-02-21 19:58:12
Model : TL-SG108E

Hardware Version : TL-SG108E 2.0

Firmware Version : 1.0.0 Build 20151112 Rel.56727

Hi there,

I've just started to play around with a new SG-108E and I can't find a way to configure the management VLAN in order to restrict acess to the web interface to a specific VLAN. Is the Web Interface always accessible in all VLANs? And if so, what happens if I configure it to use DHCP? Will the switch send the DHCP discover packet to all VLANs?
Options
Re:Moderator approval?
2016-02-23 16:54:06
For easy smart switch, there is no management VLAN which means you can access the switch via any VLAN; if you enable DHCP, the switch can get the management IP address automatically from the front DHCP Server.
Options
Re:Moderator approval?
2016-03-01 02:38:34
Thanks for the clarification. In this case, VLANs shouldn't be marketed as a security feature if every node on the network can reach the web interface and potentially reconfigure the switch. Yes, I know there is a password, but that barrier is kinda low.
Options