Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Plan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-26 17:01:14
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello there

This is my first time in your forums, so Hi Everyone!

i am trying to setup a network between my house, and my garage about 1000 to 1500 feet away, Ive been reading about equipment all night and i feel im still unsure of the equipment need for this job.

My VPN service has this router listed as there second most expensive. Im sort of stuck with this one as the one next on the price list is the asus.

TP-LINK ARCHER C7 AC1750

what i need to know is ;

. Do i buy one of these high gain antennas or repeaters ?

Can i use the plug in style repeaters that use the residential wiring? if only the garage and houses only common

And if i understand what im ready,which i might not. Do these repeaters use the same ssid and what not, what complications will i have with ip cameras using these repeaters. Will broadcasting them and ftp uploading of screenshots be further complicated using that kinda setup?

Basically what should i purchase to make this work flawlessly

Thanks
Digen
Options
2 Reply
Re:Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Plan
2016-03-01 04:24:47
I would purchase (2) CPE510's, set (1) as a Access Point and (1) as a Client. Very easy to do.
Options
Re:Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Plan
2016-03-03 09:54:36
You want to share internet access and files from your house to garage in a distance of 1000~1500ft, right?
In this case you need to purchase just two CPE510 and build a PtP wireless connection.

Procedures as below:
1. Configure the first unit in AP mode, wired connect it to your Archer C7 and then mount it high engough to see the garage.
2. Configure the second unit in Client mode, wired connect its LAN0 port to an indoor AP such as TL-WA901ND for wireless coverage in garage. As for LAN1 port connect it to you IP camera. Mount this unit at the same height with the first one.
3. Ajust the orientation of both devices to face each other. Keep at least LOS clearance and remember to setup distance settings on both units.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 2

Related Articles