TL-SG108E with iptv multicast issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-27 02:40:57
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TL-SG108e switch setup with 2 vlans, and a trunk port back to an ATT Uverse gateway. Things on vlan 102 can't get to things on vlan 103 etc, but the multicast traffic coming from the gateway is slamming all ports and ends up hitting all the devices on the vlan which I have equipment other than the IPTV devices connected to. The igmp snooping option is enabled, but it does not seem to be doing anything.

Port 1 has vlan 102, and 103 untagged, ports 2-3 have vlan 102 untagged, ports 4-8 have vlan 103 untagged. Port 1 runs back to the ATT gateway, port 2 goes to the main iptv box, port 3 goes to a wifi access point that is part of the iptv setup and a wifi tv box connects to it. Ports 4-8 go to various other devices one of those being a wifi access point. As soon as the uplink port is connected you can watch the traffic on all ports going up steadily, and this continues as long as the tv is on.

Any help would be appreciated.
Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E with iptv multicast issues
2016-02-29 19:36:35
May I know the hardware version of the device? Is it v1 or v2?

And is there any device act as IGMP Proxy? As we know the IGMP Snooping can work only when it is in the topology like ISP-- IGMP Proxy(or IGMP Query)--IGMP Snooping.
Options
2016-02-29 21:08:36
v2 with the latest firmware loaded.
Options
2016-02-29 21:10:06
Not following you on the igmp proxy bit, basically a line comes off my att uverse router/gateway device runs to the tplink switch
Options
2016-03-02 10:41:41
The IGMP Snooping function must work with IGMP Proxy function together. If you are not sure, you can contact the supporter of your router for help. Most router should have the IGMP Proxy function.
Options
2016-03-04 05:19:58
The base router is provided by ATT for use with their tv receivers and the traffic is getting passed to this switch. The switch igmp snooping piece does not seem to be working properly and is flooding all active ports on the switch with the multicast traffic that should only be going to the two tv related devices on it. If the traffic is making it to the switch my understanding would be the igmp proxy piece is working as expected. The tv does work fine when connected to the switch, but over a few days time the switch buffers are overloaded and things start slowing to the point of not working.
Options
2016-03-28 18:31:08
I would like to recommend you to contact the supporter directly for help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2951

Replies: 6