CPE510 SNR Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE510 SNR Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE510 SNR Question
CPE510 SNR Question
2016-02-28 08:29:00
Model :

Hardware Version : (3) CPE510's

Firmware Version : 1.3.3

ISP :

Just setup another client for my network, 1 client (First in the network) SNR was 65, added a 2nd client SNR was 44. Been watching them all day since I set the 2nd client up and the SNR has been steadily falling for both clients #1 is now @39 and client 2 is @ 25.
AP is a CPE510 and has worked flawless since I corrected the cabling issues. but my speed has been dropping as well to a maximum of 180 MPS.

The only thing I did because I thought it was a requirement was setup maxstream, disabling it or enabling it makes no difference to the SNR's.

Any ideas?
Options
7 Reply
Re:CPE510 SNR Question
2016-02-28 10:03:27
SNR is the Aligment tool for Pharos, you have a Aligment issue, you posted you have 2 Clients, but you do not post their Aligment and tilt
Let's say AP it's at a height of 10 mts. it's the AP parallel to ground or with a tilt up or down
Now the 2 Clients, post their height and if both Clients are at same height or dif.
And important one, the AP has a Vertical & Horizontal Beamwidth, post the Clients aperture in case there is any
Too, you never posted the distance from both Clients too AP
As you can read, you didn't post the important info.
If you want my help, answer all the questions asked
Options
2016-02-28 22:55:52

danymarc wrote

SNR is the Aligment tool for Pharos, you have a Aligment issue, you posted you have 2 Clients, but you do not post their Aligment and tilt
Let's say AP it's at a height of 10 mts. it's the AP parallel to ground or with a tilt up or down
Now the 2 Clients, post their height and if both Clients are at same height or dif.
And important one, the AP has a Vertical & Horizontal Beamwidth, post the Clients aperture in case there is any
Too, you never posted the distance from both Clients too AP
As you can read, you didn't post the important info.
If you want my help, answer all the questions asked

All CPE510's are on the same level no tilt, # 1 @ 50 today is about 30M away, 15 deg from center to the right, #2 is @ 20 today(dropped more), 100M away and is at 15 deg from center to the left. all of them are mounted with a radio bracket perpendicular to metal buildings.

It all started happening when I switched the AP to maxstream, it's almost like the AP has lowered the power of the radio output.

Today if I get a chance I going to reset the AP and see if that makes any difference.

They were both at good numbers when I started #1 60-70+, and #2 40-50+, than I turned on maxstream and they dropped fast.

Thoughts?
Options
2016-02-29 01:23:48

rebel7777 wrote

# 1 @ 50 today is about 30M away,
#2 is @ 20 100M away
all of them are mounted to metal buildings

Issue #1, 30 & 100 mts it's a very short distance for CPEs, lower the power to minimum on both Clients, just imagen two people with 1 mt. of separation, both of them yelling, none would understand what the other is shouting, same to your Pharos
Issue #2 if there is metal, and I don't know how much metal is there, it's a perfect scenario for a link with flaws
Options
2016-02-29 13:50:13
SNR is the ratio of Signal Strength to Noise Strength.
At first there are only two devices communicating, wireless environment is clean.
After the second client joins the network, they will compete for channel resource so signal emitted by second client become noise for first client. Vice versa.
Of course enable MAXtream doesn't help because MAXtream is used for improving throughput in severe radio collision environment, but not for SNR.
Finally, low SNR makes no influence to you. While low throughput does.
Options
2016-02-29 22:09:19

danymarc wrote

Issue #1, 30 & 100 mts it's a very short distance for CPEs, lower the power to minimum on both Clients, just imagen two people with 1 mt. of separation, both of them yelling, none would understand what the other is shouting, same to your Pharos
Issue #2 if there is metal, and I don't know how much metal is there, it's a perfect scenario for a link with flaws

What should I lower them to? I don't believe the metal is the issue as the #1 has worked flawless for a year. I'm thinking your right about the 2nd one coming on, that it is drowning the 1st one out and vice versa.
Because it worked initially for about 2-3 hours and then started to drop off. They are steady at around #1 40 and #2 @ 20, haven't moved any.
Options
2016-02-29 22:27:57
I just lowered all signal strengths, and everything is working awesome now. Thanks for the help. #1 signal is @ 9 db, #2 is at 18 db & AP is @ 18db. All SNR's are where they were when I had started.

With (2) clients should a person turn on maxstream?
Options
2016-03-01 05:48:48

rebel7777 wrote

that it is drowning the 1st one out and vice versa

SNR will never drown as you post, Tp-link Mexico says, Pharos supports 16 Clients, but that is a very safe comment from them, it supports way more than that
If you want drown, if you don't have Bandwidth Control & QOS in your network, any tablet or SmartPhone, streaming video will drown your internet Megas, and that has nothing to do with SNR
About MaxTream, trial & error, test and decide
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2883

Replies: 7