Switch only working correctly when plugged in when Windows10 is already up and running

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switch only working correctly when plugged in when Windows10 is already up and running

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-04-09 00:19:25
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I replaced an old D-Link DES-1005D 10/100MB non-managed switch by a TP Link TL-SG108E managed switch. I changed nothing to the configuration. When I plug in the link when Windows10 is running everything is fine. When the link is plugged in and serving other devices (TV, AppleTV, ...) and I switch my windows PC on I get the first page in the browser (Chrome) OK but when I click a link I will get a message that the network is not available. How to resolve this?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Switch only working correctly when plugged in when Windows10 is already up and running
2016-04-11 14:17:24
Hi, it is very strange I have to say. I am not sure what caused it, but we have a troubleshooting. Since the main difference between a dumb switch and TL-SG108E is that the TL-SG108E has a managed IP address, and by default, it is 192.168.0.1 and unfortunately the default IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1 as well. So firstly we can try to change one of then to another one for example 192.168.0.254.

Then if the problem still exists, please check the IP address of the windows PC or try to designate a static IP address to it. Besides we can also do some ping test in the computer to find out the problem.
Options
Re:Switch only working correctly when plugged in when Windows10 is already up and running
2016-04-14 22:53:34
Tonny,

I just changed the IP-adress and everything seems to work fine. Thanks for your help.

Rudi
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 2