LAG setup between TL-SG3210 and TL-SG3424

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-03 17:32:04
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to setup a LAG between twoswitches. One is a TL-SG3210 and the other is a TL-SG3424. I amtrying to setup two links between the two switches for extrabandwidth and reliability – 4 ports total; 2 on each end. I havethe same QOS assigned to all ports and the ports are all at the samespeed of 100.

I used Static LAG setup and grouped thetwo ports on each switch into LAG1. The results were that for a fewminutes there was a broadcast storm which ended and then only one ofthe links was passing data. I had thought that both paths wouldshare the bandwidth.

Are there any other settings I need toconfigure to get the LAG working?

Should the ports on each switch be onthe same or different LAG?

Do both switches need to be configuredfor LAG or just one for this to work properly?

Thanks for your input.
Options
3 Reply
Re:LAG setup between TL-SG3210 and TL-SG3424
2016-05-04 11:48:52
It is recommended to use dynamic LAG, which is called LACP, you can refer to the FAQ below for help:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-991.html
Options
2016-05-05 08:19:03
I looked at the link you sent and it looks pretty straight forward. Thank you. I will be at this location again next Wednesday and will attempt to implement this configuration. Thank you
Options
2016-05-11 04:07:46
I set the system up according to the FAQ which seemed pretty straight forward but have a problem.

I am using 2 ports on each switch; one for each of the two wireless links connecting the two switches.

However, when I plug in the second link I get a broadcast storm and in a few moments everything locks up until I remove the 2nd link network cable from either switch. The QOS and all other settings are the same and I followed the settings in the link you provided. The only difference was that my LAG tables only show 1 member on each switch corresponding to which link I have plugged into the switch yet the Static Lag and LACP settings pages show two ports on each LAG setting.

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 927

Replies: 3