Configuration Question CPE 210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-25 19:53:04
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just purchased two TPLink CPE 210 High Power Outdoor CPE/Access Points and I plan on using one or two of them to connect my shop to my home network. Below are the two configurations that I may use. The shop is on the left and is about 150 feet from the home network on the right. I will try the first one and if I have a good enough signal for the intended bandwidth with just one CPE 210 at the shop, I will use that and save some money. If it does not provide an adequate signal I will use the second one. My questions are: In Scenario 1 how do I configure the CPE 210? As an AP, Client, Repeater, AP Router, or AP Client Router? In Scenario 2, how do I configure CPE 210 (A)? As an AP, Client, Repeater, AP Router, or AP Client Router? and then how do I configure CPE 210 (B)? As an AP, Client, Repeater, AP Router, or AP Client Router? Any help in configuring each way is appreciated. I know some about networking but what I don’t know about it certainly outweighs what I do know. :p

Thanks again!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Configuration Question CPE 210
2016-06-26 14:31:43
Bumped to move it ahead of the master spammer. Why won't T-Link do anything about this?
Options
2016-06-27 09:25:45
The model of HWABN2 is an indoor device, right? I don't think it's powerful enough to cover a distance of 150 feets.
Anyway you can have a test: configure the CPE210 in the scenario in Client mode and see if it can detect and find the signal from HWABN2.
If you fail in scenario 1, configure CPE210(B) in AP mode and CPE210(A) in Client mode.
Options
2016-06-27 11:41:58

stupidbird wrote

The model of HWABN2 is an indoor device, right? I don't think it's powerful enough to cover a distance of 150 feets.
Anyway you can have a test: configure the CPE210 in the scenario in Client mode and see if it can detect and find the signal from HWABN2.
If you fail in scenario 1, configure CPE210(B) in AP mode and CPE210(A) in Client mode.

Yea, it's an Indoor AP. Right now I'm connecting to it with an earlier model of the HWABN2 in the shop. Only getting two bars on the shop computer. I'll probably go with the AP/Client setup that you suggest. I thought that the one in the shop (A) would be the AP and the one hooked up to the home network (B) would be the client. It's the opposite of that? Thanks for the help. I appreciate you wading through the spam!
Options
2016-06-29 17:52:03
Actually you should only configure one side in AP mode and the other side in Client, these two devices works to form a wireless link, like an Ethernet cable.
The only thing I recommend such topology is that according to my experience, people are used to configure the CPE in internet(router) side in AP mode.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1954

Replies: 4

Related Articles