CPE-210 Pair as AP & Client - Help With the Numbers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-05 00:38:41
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I’ve posted the numbers from the status pages along with the Tx and Rx rates from Pharos Control for my two CPE-210 units that I have in AP and Client mode connecting my shop with my home network. Since my networking knowledge is limited I have a few questions regarding them if anyone has the time and patience to look over them:

1) Do the settings and numbers look OK? I’ve tried to go through a bunch of posts on the board to figure out in general the best settings (such as lowering the Transmit Power due to the distance) but thought I’d check and see if anything is amiss according to those with more knowledge.

2) In looking at the Tx and Rx rates for the two, you can see they are inversed measurements. Why would the Tx rate be so low for the AP as compared to the Client? In real world testing with a computer from the shop I am able to get about 36 Mb download speed from the internet which matches my home network, so this seems odd that the Tx from the AP is showing so much lower than the Client.

3) While, from what I’ve read, I think it’s perfectly adequate for this application, I was wondering if the S/N Ratio proper for two units so close? Could more be achieved by better aiming, etc.? Both units are LOS at a distance of about 75 feet or 23 meters and are about 10 to 12 feet off of the ground. The path goes between about a 15 ft. space between some very large shrubs.

4) If any other settings or numbers look off, feel free to point them out. And, thanks for any help!

CPE-210 in AP mode mounted at house. Connected to TP-Link TL-R860 Router.

Measurements from Pharos Control

Tx Rate: 180.49Kb/s
Rx Rate: 5126.19Kb/s

Device Information
Device Name CPE210-A
Device Model: CPE210 v1.1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20151102 Rel. 38320
System Time: 2016-07-02 03:57:59
Uptime: 1 days 10:47:46
CPU: 3%
Memory: 53%

Wireless Settings
MAXtream: OFF
Channel/Frequency: 1 / 2412MHz
Channel Width: 20/40MHz
IEEE802.11 Mode: B/G/N Mixed
Max TX Rate: 300.0Mbps
Transmit Power: 2dBm
Distance: 0.0km (Auto)

Wireless Signal Quality
Signal Strength N/A
Noise Strength: N/A
SNR: N/A
Transmit CCQ: 97

Radio Status
AP Enabled
MAC Address: **-**-**-**-**-**
SSID: ***************_A
Security Mode: WPA-PSK
Connected Stations: 1
Client: Disabled

LAN
IP Address: ***.***.*.***
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Port0: 100Mbps - FD
Port1: Unplugged

WAN
Connection Type: N/A
MAC Address: N/A
IP Address: N/A
Subnet Mask: N/A
Default Gateway: N/A
DNS Server: N/A
CPE-210 in Client mode mounted at shop, connected to TP-Link 8 Port Switch.

Measurements from Pharos Control

Tx Rate: 5324.09Kb/s
Rx Rate: 157.73Kb/s

Device Information
Device Name CPE210-B
Device Model: CPE210 v1.1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20151102 Rel. 38320
System Time: 2015-01-01 16:24:25
Uptime: 0 days 12:43:06
CPU: 5%
Memory: 53%

Wireless Settings
MAXtream: OFF
Channel/Frequency: 6 / 2437MHz
Channel Width: 20/40MHz
IEEE802.11 Mode: N Only
Max TX Rate: 300.0Mbps
Transmit Power: 2dBm
Distance: 0.0km (Auto)

Wireless Signal Quality
Signal Strength -60dBm
Noise Strength: -102dBm
SNR: 42dB
Transmit CCQ: 87

Radio Status
AP Disabled
SSID: N/A
Security Mode: N/A
Connected Stations: N/A

Client: Enabled
Security Mode: WPA-PSK
WDS: Auto
Root AP BSSID: **-**-**-**-**-**
Root AP SSID: ***************_A
TX Rate: 300.0Mbps
RX Rate: 300.0Mbps
Connection Time: 0 days 03:41:00

LAN
IP Address: ***.***.*.***
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Port0: 100Mbps - FD
Port1: Unplugged

WAN
Connection Type: N/A
IP Address: N/A
Subnet Mask: N/A
Default Gateway: N/A
DNS Server: N/A
Options
9 Reply
Re:CPE-210 Pair as AP & Client - Help With the Numbers
2016-07-05 08:13:47

molimelight wrote

testing with a computer from the shop I am able to get about 36 Mb download speed from the internet which matches my home network

I have a doubt here, you are posting that the link gives you 36 Mb download speed from the internet. which matches your home network
if the answer is YES, then you dont have a problem, all this post is about doubts, and I will answer.
Options
2016-07-05 13:43:34

danymarc wrote

I have a doubt here, you are posting that the link gives you 36 Mb download speed from the internet. which matches your home network
if the answer is YES, then you dont have a problem, all this post is about doubts, and I will answer.

danymarc,

Not sure what you mean by doubt. Are you questioning whether or not I'm getting that speed through the link? If so, here's the result from a speed test I did yesterday.

I
guess if I'm getting that kind of speed from the link it's OK. I'm still learning, that's why I posted the numbers, to see if I had the settings correct for the application. Thanks for your input. Actually it was one of your previous posts that I learned from when I was setting this up. I had the same problem that someone else was having where they were only getting 10 Mbps - FD on one of the CPE-210's and you suggested to try different cables. I did that and it went up to where the other one was, 100 Mbps - FD. So, thanks for that also.
Options
2016-07-05 20:24:19
@molimelight
yes, my question was about if you got the hired speed to your ISP (internet service provider)
for what I read and understand your answer is YES, so the link is fine
my hired speed from ISP is 10 Mb. and that is what I get on Client side
I dont use Pharos Control, no need for 2 devices, I see you use it, should enable a daily weekly or monthly reboot of your units
you are in the congested 2.4 Ghz freq.
if those screens dont answer your question ask for the ones you need
Could more be achieved by better aiming, etc.?

at that distance should be no problem, with a bad aligment they should still work
The path goes between about a 15 ft. space between some very large shrubs.

this is a issue the antennas are MIMO thay work horizontal & Vertical meaning the horizontal path is blocked, you can see that in the graph, goes up and down
subir fotos online
sube
subir gif
Options
2016-07-06 08:13:34
@danymarc,

I think we're on the same page now. Thanks for the screens and the suggestion to set for automatic reboot. I'll do that. The Pharos Control is kind of nice but it's not really that much more powerful than the web interfaces. I have it running on the computer that runs the Blue Iris camera software that is up 24/7. I wish it had the ability to do more logging of the units and be able to print logs. It may prove more useful if I upgrade my home router to one that it can control. Really about the only question I have is regarding the frequency. I have mine set to automatic. Is this sufficient? I'm in a very rural area so there's not much interference from other stuff, just my assorted stuff I have on my home WiFi, which isn't much as most of my house is run with Cat 5. Thanks again for your help!
Options
2016-07-06 09:20:49
@danymarc You post a picture with a label "This is a .bin bug", may I know the detailed information? I didn't met this problem but I see other friends mentions.
Options
2016-07-06 19:27:51

stupidbird wrote

@danymarc You post a picture with a label "This is a .bin bug", may I know the detailed information? I didn't met this problem but I see other friends mentions.

Hi @bird, you see that blue ribbon on top when you do a setting change, after hitting APPLY on the right of every setting, once finished, you hit SAVE CHANGES at the top blue ribbon, and it goes away, with Version 1.1 next time you log again to the interface, it's there, like if you had missed to save changes, the reason I added THIS IS A BUG, cause I didn't wanted to answer posts about, YOU MISSED HITTING SAVE CHANGES,
I have a Version 1.0 that version does not have that bug
Options
2016-07-06 21:01:22

molimelight wrote

regarding the frequency. I have mine set to automatic. Is this sufficient? I'm in a very rural area

In theory, yes
sufficient, I don't know
why, i.e. in my case in the 5 Ghz freq. setting US as country, ch. 149 gives me 100% CCQ if I set ch. 161 fluctuates between 54% & 80% never goes up to 100%
The odd thing is that ch. 149 is the busy one, and 161 is not in use, the answer would be ch. 161 is noisier than ch. 149
Or, every ch. would behave dif. depending on sunlight (day) moonlight (night) or rain, you would have to test dif. hours during a day, to see if there is a behavior change on CCQ
My advise would be, leave it, you have 97% on AP CCQ, or set it manually to ch. 1 cause that's the one auto is setting
Options
2016-07-07 09:01:49
@danymarc
Thank you for your explanation. Fortunately my CPE510(Also v1.1) haven't met this issue. Maybe it's a probabilistic problem.
BTW, the only difference between your two units is hardware version?
Options
2016-07-07 22:29:52

stupidbird wrote

@danymarc
BTW, the only difference between your two units is hardware version?

Yes the only difference.
the reason was cuase the AP blew, no rain, no thunderstorm, it was a regular night
had to change CPE, on Mexican market you dont find V1.0 anymore.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3216

Replies: 9

Related Articles