Best product for 5GHz point to point link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-06 22:51:01
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I want to build a 120 metre point to point link. There is line of sight (just about). The signal needs to pass over the neighbouring building and I would say there are two metres of clearance. The link is in the city centre so there is loads of WIFI around so I am thinking 5GHz might be the better option.

Has anyone got any experience with this kind of configuration and can they recommend me a product that would work well. I am thinking about the CPE510 or TL-WA7510. There is also the WBS510 but I have never used any of the products so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Bo
Options
5 Reply
Re:Best product for 5GHz point to point link
2016-07-14 22:21:34
WBS510 is too much for 120 mts.
TL-WA7510 is a old device I never had one, never liked
CPE510 its the ideal,
the main porblem is the two metres of clearance
my advice if you have a 5Ghz Smartphone, buy one CPE510 configure it in channel 149
MaxTream by default is disable, leave it disable
surf internet on the other side, if that works, then buy the second one and complete the link
Options
2016-07-15 18:29:53
Thank you Dany Marc. I don't have another 5GHz device so I will get two CPE510's and try it. This raises two additional questions for yourself or anyone else who might be able to give some advice.

Should I leave MaxStream disabled when I use two CPE510's or did that comment only refer to when testing with a Smartphone?

How much clearance should I have around the line of sight? I would have thought two metres would be enough but I don't know.

Thanks.

Bo
Options
2016-07-15 20:27:06
1-test dissble and enable, and see which works better
2-reason I suggest to buy one first and test, 2 mts. is a short clearance, if you are sbke to rise the CPE, should do it
Ch. 149 is frequency 5,745
Options
2016-07-16 07:35:40
Sorry tkskydream01, I cannot read that. I think you are using a different format. Could you post again in text format?
Options
2016-07-20 02:33:26

danymarc wrote

WBS510 is too much for 120 mts.
TL-WA7510 is a old device I never had one, never liked
CPE510 its the ideal,
the main porblem is the two metres of clearance
my advice if you have a 5Ghz Smartphone, buy one CPE510 configure it in channel 149
MaxTream by default is disable, leave it disable
surf internet on the other side, if that works, then buy the second one and complete the link

Yeah!
my CPE510 is working good in the distance of 150 metres, I will vote for it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 835

Replies: 5

Related Articles