How to get wifi in garden and studio

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-31 20:10:21
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, I'm a beginner at setting up wifi infrastructure. I would like to get to be able to use wifi in our garden and also in our studio about 50m from the house. We live in rural France. We have very good wifi inside but because the house walls are so thick, no signal gets outside. Our ISP has pointed me at TP-Link http://www.tp-link.fr/products/list-4581.html to find a suitable product but says he can't give any more guidance than that. We mainly use the internet for social media, watching films etc.
I suppose the best thing to do is to take a RJ45 from the router in the house, drill a hole through the wall on the first floor and connect it to a TP-Link device to broadcast the wifi signal onto the terrace below and towards the studio.
Can anyone advise on which product to use and how to install ? Do I need 5GHz or 2.4GHz? How many dBi?
Thank you in advance for your support and help - much appreciated
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to get wifi in garden and studio
2016-07-31 21:27:08
If you can do your supposition, that would be a good idea
Use 2.4 Ghz.
Device, that will dependen if that device is going
To be under a roof or inside, in that case a 842 router
If it has to be outdoor (sun & rain) a CPE 210
But a 210 would be too much for your need
Don't buy a Acces Point, buy a Router
Routers can be set as routers and AP
It's difficult for one device to handle studio & garden
Decide for one and test, if need it, add a second device
Options
A little more clarification please
2016-08-01 03:46:26

danymarc wrote

If you can do your supposition, that would be a good ideaUse 2.4 Ghz. Device, that will dependen if that device is going To be under a roof or inside, in that case a 842 routerIf it has to be outdoor (sun & rain) a CPE 210But a 210 would be too much for your need Don't buy a Acces Point, buy a RouterRouters can be set as routers and APIt's difficult for one device to handle studio & garden Decide for one and test, if need it, add a second device
Thanks for setting me on the right course. I confirm that the device will be outside but it will be well protected from extreme under the eaves of the roof. You say that I may need devices- is that 2 different CPE 210s or is it 1 CPE210 for extending the wifi to the studio and another different device to get wifi on the terrace. In this case , what model is this second device ? A couple of other points: Does the device need to have a connection to the mains for power or does PoE mean it gets its power from the ethernet cable? Also, is it important that my router is an Apple Time Machine. I intend to connect it via a switch to the CPE device fixed to the outside wall of the house. Sound feasible? Thank you!
Options
Re:How to get wifi in garden and studio
2016-08-01 08:32:42
Yes 1 CPE210, powered by POE
about the Studio & garden, as I posted, buy one and test
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 783

Replies: 3