Cpe 210 losing internet connection in bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-02 21:37:24
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a CPE 210 that I have used successfully in BRIDGEMODE for a year connected wirelessly to a router which is connected to theinternet. It is programmed with its ownSSID and security with DHCP disabled. Allclients of the CPE are wireless. Aboutone month ago the CPE began to intermittently lose connection with the internetand when it did connect it operated quite a bit slower. It would operatecorrectly for a few hours or a few days before it would drop connection withthe internet. It continued to transmitits SSID with the same signal strength throughout. I didnot make any changes to any of the devices prior to this problem surfacing andlocal conditions have not changed to my knowledge.
While troubleshooting I have done several factory restores, reprogrammedthe CPE and my firmware is/was up todate. Disconnecting the power and rebooting did not make it work once itquit. I just seems to resume for noapparent reason. I checked with the ISPand they checked my connection and found no problems. I have tried various settings to no availincluding using the REPEATER MODE. Thesystem log does not seem to update although I am not sure what should be loggedsince clients are getting their IP from the router. The main router(s) have worked finethroughout.
I changed the 50 foot CAT6 cable that I use for POE on theCPE and changed my router to a TP-LINK Archer C5. The identical problems persisted and Iassumed that it must be a function of the CPE that has failed. I bought a new one thinking that would solvemy problems. I have programmed it thesame as the original unit and experimented with various other settings andstill have the problem
I have five days to return the new one for a refund. Any suggestions since the system worked fine for a year?
Bob
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cpe 210 losing internet connection in bridge mode
2016-08-07 21:24:21
Now that you have two 210s instead of using Bridge mode
Why don't you test a Link between them
One as AP and the Other as AP Client Router WISP Mode
Options
2016-08-08 23:25:50
Thanks for suggestion. I could try this but my original configuration was the simplest and met my needs for a year and I still might be able to return my recent purchase. Any suggestions on the optimum settings I could try or should be using on my current configuration in case I am missing something before I add additional equipment? Any thoughts why the System Log does not record activity? Is it a setting I am missing or maybe in this config it is not active. The more I discuss this it will become even more obvious that I am stretching my limited technical knowledge/skills.....lol.

Regards,

Bob
Options
2016-08-09 05:24:26

watsdamatau wrote

I could try this but my original configuration was the simplest and met my needs wledge/skills.....

Then keep your original configuration
You seem to love intermittent internet
Options
2016-08-09 09:19:33
Sorry for misunderstanding....it was NOT intermittent for a full year...just started a month ago. I sure do not like intermittent internet and will try your suggestion as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks again, Bob
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1859

Replies: 4