What is missing to be used in a professional enviroment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-07 03:28:15
Model : TL-R480+

Hardware Version :V7

Firmware Version : current in 2016

1. Ths thing will hang every once in a while. While this might be unavoidable when being attacked, it seems to have no watchdog whatsoever. You have to travel to the customer and reboot it.

2. The logfile will include the IP address of a machine that tries to flood or aattack the router. However, as LAN IP addresses are assigned dynamically in general, you will never find out which machine it was because the log does not include the MAC address, too.

3. TP-Link reacted to a serious bug I and several others encountered but it took them months, not weeks, to provide a new firmware version.
Options
2 Reply
Re:What is missing to be used in a professional enviroment
2016-09-03 13:01:24
If your problem still exist, it is advised to contact their supporter directly.
Options
Re:What is missing to be used in a professional enviroment
2016-09-03 17:39:25
Thanks, but I have had a similar problem some time ago that had been discussed by other users long before (freeze with DynDNS). It is true that even a German service person contacted me (which is good) but it took quite some time until TP-Link finally saw it's their problem, then I got a beta version (which resolved the problem) but then it took more than a month until that fix had been deployed in the "standard" release so others could fix that, too.

This time I have an error where I have no chance of looking into the logfiles because
If there is an offending machine, the logfile will not track its MAC address nor the offending packet.
[*]I will not be able to even access the logfile for the only thing I can do when the router gets stuck is to reset it. With a reset, to my knowing, all traces get cleared.
[*]Thus, even TP-Link is not able to learn from the incident. The only option is to reboot on site which I can't afford with my clients.
This is why I have to stick to my assessment until TP-Link opens up their machines for better examination and enable coredumps or permanent logs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 2

Related Articles