iptv doesn't work with TL-SG1016DE switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-01 05:36:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a fritzbox 7390 router from my provider. Internet signal is delivered on port 2 and 3, iptv is delivered on port 4.
I used two 8 port switches (not smart), one attached to port 2 for my computers and other equipment which need internet, and the other one on port 4, for iptv. Two setup boxes were attached two that switch. I needed some extra ports for the computer network and bought aTL-SG1016DE switch. I wanted to create two vlans on this switch, one for iptv and one for internet. I created two extra port based vlans. Vlan 1 port 16, vlan 2 port 1-12, vlan 3 port 13-15. Port 2 of my router connected with port 2 of the switch, port 4 of the router connected with port 15 of the switch. Further I only adjusted the ip of the switch to an ip-adress in the range of the existing range i use for my computers.No other adjustments are made to the configuration.

TV isn't working, my setup boxes mention there is no network found.
When I remove all other connections, except for the connections to the setup boxes and the connection to port 4 of the router, setup boxes are working normally.
It seems to me that the vlans aren't correctly separated from each other

Hardware TL-SG1016DE 1.0, firmware 1.0.1 Build 20131023 Rel.33236
Options
1 Reply
Re:iptv doesn't work with TL-SG1016DE switch
2016-09-03 11:53:45
Generally, the ISP will use the 802.1q VLAN for IPTV, that is to say, if you want to create VLAN for IPTV, you need to create 802.1q VLAN as well, and make sure the newly create VLAN is the same as the IPTV VLAN. If you still have problems, you can contact the supporter for help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 954

Replies: 1