Problem with CPE210 in client mode to have internet from an WIFI without password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with CPE210 in client mode to have internet from an WIFI without password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-07 03:00:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all the community, I have recently bought an CPE210 and a TL-WR841N in order to the following objectif.
In the village of my girlfriend there is free WiFi delivered by the town hall with internet (no pswd in the WiFi) but this signal doesnt reach the house of my girlfriend (when you put the mobile phone it reach a very poor signal of this WiFi)

My idea is to put the CPE210 (in client mode) in roof of the house to catch the signal in order to transfert by RJ45 to the TL-WR841N (in AP Router mode).
In order to simulate this before doing it in the real scene, at the first step I have put my mobile phone in share internet mode with WiFi at home, and I wanted to probe that with the CPE210 I was able to catch this signal and then to have Internet in my computer connected to the LAN1 of the CPE210.

It seems simple, at least the first step I imagined like that, but I am not able to have internet in the computer throw CPE210 connected to a WiFi with Internet.

I have tried to ping the ip of the AP (the mobile phone wich in my case it is 192.168.43.1) and no way to reach it. I know that this is the correct ip because if I connect to the phone directly by wifi from Laptop i have this ip as a Gateway of the wifi network doing ipconfig command.

So I show you all the screenshots I have done of the configuration i have done in the CPE210:
Network configuration:

Wireless configuration:

This is the state of the net in my computer (spanish: it means without Internet):

This is the table of interfaces, I think it is not ok that the interface WLAN7 as no an IP of the WiFi network, for me it means like it is not correctly connected (furthermore in the mobile phone it says how much clients are in the wifi shared and there were 0):

This is the complet state of the CPE210 in client mode connected to the Wifi, but without internet in the computer connected to it by the LAN1

So voila my problem guys, I have put the last firmware: 1.3.3 Build 20160705 Rel. 52453 from the official source before this test.

The second step will be to connect the router TL-WR841N to the LAN1 of the CPE210 to create a secure WIFI with the internet of the hall, but for that I need CPE210 is correctly connected providing internet.

Thank you so much for your help and if you need more information about something, you have only to ask me.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with CPE210 in client mode to have internet from an WIFI without password
2016-09-07 19:52:00
Antes que nada desactiva en Network el DHCP salva cambios y guarda y prueba, si no jala continúa leyendo
Vuelve a empezar, resetealo a valores de fábrica, si puedes no uses. ese firm degradalo a 1.3.2 el 1.3.3 es para Vlans
La pregunta, es una red sin password totalmente libre sin Portal Cautivo
Y como sabes algo de Redes eso te llevo a activar el DHCP en modo Cliente eso no se hace
Solo sigue el tuto de Cliente, estás seguro (lo dudo ya que esa ip es la default) que la ip 192.168.0.254 cero es la subnet del wifi al que te conectas y esa ip 254 el no la está usando como Gateway si su subnet es cero tú debes usar una ip dif a la de su Gareway, conéctate con tu teléfono o compu y de ahí sacas la info. en mi foto estoy usando la subnet 1 y la ip 11 porque me estoy conectando a Infinitum su Gateway es 192.168.1,254 y su pool (rango) de DHCP es del 50 al 254 que quiere decir, que no debo usar esas, puedo usar IPs del 1 al 49
Si esa info no la conoces, no uses el modo Cliente, configura AP Client Router antes de empezar cambia la ip default del 210 a 192.168.2.2
Tuto Cliente http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-727.html
Tuto AP Client Router http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-726.html
También puedes usar Repetidor no lo recomiendo http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-725.html
ve foto de mi Cliente
imag
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2862

Replies: 1

Related Articles