CPE520 bricked and the device apparently reboots by itself after ~1 minute

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-07 22:35:40
Model : CPE520

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[Solved]
My friend was trying to upgrade a CPE520 firmware to the latest version availabe and during the process he lost the power supply (I think "blackdown" is the meaning for this). Later when he tried to access the device this was unresponsive and rebooting after ~1 minute all the time. No ping packets, no telnet nor ssh. Only one wireshark packet. It's like if it was trying to rebooting network but without any success. My question: Is there a way to fully reset the device to factory defaults even without having the ways mentioned before (ssh, telnet, https)? I told my friend he bricked the device but I guess should be a guru way to achieve this. Thanks in advance.
Options
9 Reply
Re:CPE520 bricked and the device apparently reboots by itself after ~1 minute
2016-09-08 19:40:56
Options
2016-09-09 23:33:01

danymarc wrote

THANKS A LOT! for your answer danymarc and sorry for posting my question without checking all the previous posts in the forum. I haven't done the tutorial yet but I will do it soon as I have the device in my hands. How can I give you points in this forum?
Options
2016-09-13 21:37:31
danymarc thank you so much, I fixed the device with factory defaults with your help. Now my friend has a fully functional Access Point. The process was a first-time success, unbelievable!
Options
2016-09-13 23:14:22

Ophion wrote

and sorry for posting my question without checking all the previous posts in the forum. I haven't done the tutorial yet but I will do it soon as I have the device in my hands. How can I give you points in this forum?

No sorry"s
Cause that Tuto in not in posts, it's in knowledge base, look up on Stickies
Points, don't worry, this forum does not handle likes, Kudos or points
And I like it that way, cause on other forums that becomes a competition
And this is not one
I could never performed in Win XP and Win 10
Only in Win 7 I got it
Options
2016-09-14 17:30:50

Ophion wrote

danymarc thank you so much, I fixed the device with factory defaults with your help. Now my friend has a fully functional Access Point. The process was a first-time success, unbelievable!

I tried factory reset the device but it still not work.
Options
2016-09-15 05:22:04
Anyway you should know I appreciate your help very much. Now, this could be off-topic (regarding to firmware), but Im having some troubles trying to access from a PC "linked" with the root AP to the managed device (CPE510's Web GUI fixed to the AP). I can ping the device without no problem, the issue is I can't "see" the Web GUI. However I do can access to the Root AP's Web GUI from a PC connected with the managed (client mode) CPE510 device. Maybe I am not explaining myself correctly, I hope this could help:

Scenario I:

PC -------> AP (CPE520) -----------> Station's Web GUI (NO)

Scenario II:

Root AP's Web GUI <---------- Station (CPE510) <------------ PC (YES)

PS: Both devices haven't been configured to reject WAN packets. No firewall configuration set. I have tried this with different AP devices (all of them CPE520). You should know I do can manage those devices (station) with the PharOS Control Server but with the server I can modify only basic parameters (not the same with the Web GUI). Is this normal? Should I activate some additional feature? I didn't had this problem with Ubiquiti (not comparing just saying). Again, thanks a lot in advance!!
Options
2016-09-15 16:30:26
Need to provide the IPs of every device in your network
Options
2016-09-17 01:52:43
Do you mean to provide IPs to you or to the AP device? In any case:

For both scenarios:

PC ------- AP (CPE520) ----------- Station's Web GUI (NO)
192.168.70.10 (Is bridged so don't affect this) 192.168.70.201

If not (provide the IP addresses to the device), how could I do this? Thanks in advance for your time.
Options
2016-09-17 01:58:44

mizully wrote

I tried factory reset the device but it still not work.

You need to use the guide provided by danymarc above:
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?81684-How-to-use-firmware-recovery-function-of-Pharos-CPE

Try not to use a switch/router in the middle. I strongly advice you to connect to the device point-to-point. Remember the guide is ONLY for "almost bricked" devices (maybe after an unsuccessful attempt to upgrade to a new firmware). If not, you should be able to reset your device to factory defaults by pushing device's reset button inside the back cover piece or the PoE (if you are using a PoE reset).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1389

Replies: 9