LACP (LAG) issues with a TL-SG3424P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-10 01:18:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm having a problem with enabling LACP on my switch. When I first started attempting this setup I had a NAS with 4 Ethernet ports and a server with 2 Ethernet ports. I configured the NAS to trunk all 4 ports, and the NAS stated I
needed to enable LACP on the switch which I did. I bonded the 2 ports on the server and set up the switch ports properly. I then tested the setup by moving a 20 GB file, something I had done before the configuration to see what the
difference would be like. I didn't notice a huge improvement and in some cases it was slower. After some testing, I thought it might be the switch so I upgraded the switch to the current firmware. TL-SG3424P_V1_130620 is the firmware
I am currently using. Now, if I enable LACP on the ports I lose connectivity to any devices on the ports that have LACP enabled. It doesn't matter if they are the NAS or the server. All connectivity is lost. If I put a laptop on the same
switch with a piece of software which uses multicast to detect the NAS it fails. All ports on the switch are on the default (1) VLAN. I have no configuration other than that. When I upgraded the firmware it blew out the config on the device
so I had to start with a clean slate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The server is DL160G5 running Xen Server 7.0. The NAS is a QNAP TS-453U-RP 4 Bay. Cheers,

disco
Options
5 Reply
Re:LACP (LAG) issues with a TL-SG3424P
2016-09-18 09:59:13
You have a switch TL-SG3424P, a NAS and a Server; you want to set up the LAG between the switch and the NAS, right? If so, please make sure the both sides both use the LACP. For more detailed configuration steps, you can refer to the FAQ below for help. Hope it can help you.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-991.html

By the way, you need to Click the Save Config button on the left bar, or the configuration will be lost after your reboot.
Options
2016-09-18 10:19:56

sunshinedxd wrote

You have a switch TL-SG3424P, a NAS and a Server; you want to set up the LAG between the switch and the NAS, right? If so, please make sure the both sides both use the LACP. For more detailed configuration steps, you can refer to the FAQ below for help. Hope it can help you.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-991.html

By the way, you need to Click the Save Config button on the left bar, or the configuration will be lost after your reboot.

Both the server and NAS support LACP. As previously stated, prior to the firmware upgrade it worked, albeit slow. Now I lose complete connectivity to the devices.

./disco
Options
LACP LAG issues with a TL SG3424P
2016-11-14 12:06:05
Now that I think about it, theres occasional lag when someone connects or disconnects, but thats it.
Options
2016-11-14 23:13:11

LindsiRah wrote

Now that I think about it, theres occasional lag when someone connects or disconnects, but thats it.

LAG stands for Link Aggregation Group and hopefully it's not occasional, but permanent if configured in TL-SG3424P. :rolleyes:
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
LACP LAG issues with a TL SG
2017-01-30 23:19:07
hmm thanks for the insight goldeye. How would I go about fixing this or are there any further tests I can do to figure out what exactly is the problem and hence how to fix it?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1396

Replies: 5

Related Articles