TL-SG3216 1.0 Firmware upgrade failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-29 00:43:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear readers,

I have used my TS-SG3216 for some time now but never used it features, just hooked it put because I needed more ports than a regular router provided by your ISP. This worked for some years but recently I had to remove the switch from my system as it caused my network to freeze up. I removed it to get my network running again.

I thought I may need to upgrade the firmware, but when doing this it reports the message: "Failed to upgrade the firmware, Please try again" Sometimes it shows the upload bar which reaches about 15% but than again the same message. Now I am not sure if I have the right firmware version downloaded as the website gives me 2 options V1 or V2. My switch has the following information:

Firmware Version: 1.9.0 Build 20110415 Rel.38188
Hardware Version: TL-SG3216 1.0

On the bottom of the switch it states Ver: 1.2 So I assume I need V2 to install. But either files are not accepted.

To upgrade I connect my computer to one of the ports, so no other connections can interfere with my upload. I search for 192.168.0.1 as it is standard intalled, and after logging in go to the 'firmware upgrade' page.

Can anybody tell me what is going wrong?

Thanks a lot for the info.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG3216 1.0 Firmware upgrade failure
2016-09-30 08:51:30
If your switch's hardware version is v1.2, then you need to use firmware version v1. And since your present firmware version is too old, it is recommended to upgrade the firmware one by one to the latest one on the official website.

By the way, what do you mean the switch cause your network to freeze up? Do you mean cause some loop? If so, you can enable the Loop Prevention function on the switch to have a try.
Options
Re:TL-SG3216 1.0 Firmware upgrade failure
2016-10-24 19:20:53
Thanks Alam,
Your advise worked.. Must have been the old software. The switch is now running stable again.
Options
TL SG3216 1 0 Firmware upgrade failure
2017-01-13 18:38:24
I too have the same tablet as greener & like greener I too have tried many times over the past 2 week to upgrade the firmware in my tablet. Today I spent most of the day attempting with no success. Is there any solution to this?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1279

Replies: 3