multiple PC's on each port of SG-108e?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-29 07:54:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello All.

This may be a silly question, so here it goes.....................

I was able to configure VLAN's successfully and am very happy about this.

So... this 8 port switch effectively has 6 usable ports ( 1 uplink to WAN, and one for port mirroring)

If I have say 20 PC's, can I attach say 5 PC's on an umnanaged switch and place it on a port on the SG-108 and still have all these recognized within the VLAN assigned to that port?

Thanks for any input
Options
2 Reply
Re:multiple PC's on each port of SG-108e?
2016-09-30 09:31:31
Yes, you can. The cascaded port should be General untagged, and its PVID should be equal to the VLAN ID that you want the assign to the unmanaged switch.
Options
Re:multiple PC's on each port of SG-108e?
2016-09-30 20:49:27
Faker,

Thanks so much for your comment. As a side note, I'm struggling with a decision of using the TP-Link smart switches (only really need VLAN and a few other features) or Ubiquiti edgeswitches.
Once I have a solid grasp on VLANS and a few other things. My little SG108e switch is fantastic for learning, and will buy a few 24 port ones in the next month or so.

Again, thanks for you help!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 565

Replies: 2

Related Articles