Trunk settings for dual switches.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-30 22:48:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to connect 2 switches together without much success using trunking.

I have a PfSesne firewall pushing out vlans to my first switch which is a TL-SG101GDE I have multiple devices connected to this device using 802.1Q Vlan settings and PVID settings with no problems.
I am trying to connect a second 8 port TP link switch SG108E to one of the ports on the 16 port and enable trunking to pass VLAN information. However I cannot seem to get it to work, nor can I find good documentation.

I would like to be able to utilize the vlan settings on the 8port and have it connected to one of the ports on the 16port basically is what I am trying to achieve, How would one configure this setting?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Trunk settings for dual switches.
2016-10-08 03:24:11
http://lexxai.pp.ua
Options
Trunk settings for dual switches
2016-11-13 00:33:49
Turn off all the switches and then turn the first switch on. Wait a bit then turn off that switch. Turn on the second switch and go upstairs. Feel the lightbulb. If its warm then the 1st switch is the one. If its cold then the third switch is the one. If its on then the second switch is the one.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 589

Replies: 2