AP router mode question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AP router mode question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AP router mode question
AP router mode question
2016-10-03 05:09:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I believe I have a fairly unique use case for our new TP-WA7210N routers and are simply unsure how to best configure them.
Hoping someone here can help out.
My scenario: I have 3-5 mobile units, each with a windows tablet. Ideally all 5 units have access to each other. That part is a simple windows setup with shared drives etc.
These tablets do not require internet access, just access to each other.
Setting up ONE TP router with an SSID and all 5 clients connecting obviously works.
These 5 units however are mobile and can be apart by about 1 mile with various obstructions in between them. So a single router does not work.
At first I was considering a Bridge mode where I can have 2 routers basically create a wider network. Each router would be in one mobile and the tablet in the mobile connects to the router inside the mobile. The router with its external antenna will have a decent chance to be connected to the other router.
However I can't create this setup with 5 routers, all bridged to each other!
A repeater mode does not apply either because then I must have one "main" router.

Ideas? What am I missing? Have I explained my scenario properly?

THANKS!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 0

Related Articles