Adding internet to Campus network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-07 10:31:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all,
I need a bit of help. I work in a large warehouse campus environment (2, 1 million sq ft buildings) and we are installing a second network for a AV system and to provide a internet connection to a vending company for our break rooms. We are using a JetStream 12-Port Gigabit SFP L2 Managed Switch with 4 Combo 1000BASE-T Ports TL-SG5412F pushing out to multiple JetStream 24-Port Gigabit Smart Switch with 4 SFP Slots T1600G-28TS in each building, with the 2 TL-SG5412F connected between buildings to create one large network. When we set up the network the IP streaming boxes were basically plug and play and inputs from one building could be seen in the other building, no problem. It wasn't until we tried adding the internet connection that we ran into trouble. In our main Systems room in building 1 we have a Actiontec GT784WN modem/router provided to us by our ISP. All our switches have static IPs set somewhere in the range 192.168.0.(2-24) while the Modem/Router is set to 192.168.0.100. All the ports on the 2 TL-SG5412F are set to Trunk while the T1600G-28TS switches all have VLAN 1005 TV to ports 1-16 Tagged and VLAN 1010 Internet to ports 17-23 Tagged. All the T1600G-28TS switches are connected with fiber in port 25 with the exception of the switches located in the same rack as the TL-SG5412F they are connected to port 24 with copper. The Modem/Router is Connected to port 23 on the T1600G-28TS in the systems room in building 1. We cannot get internet through any of our switches and I know just enough about it all to be dangerous, I was at it all day today and am ready for some help. It is entirely possible I may have messed up something while creating the VLANs as I had no idea how to do it this morning and was able to learn on the fly today, but as far as I can tell it looks right. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Adding internet to Campus network.
2016-10-08 08:04:42
Hello again all,
I have conquered it. I started all over with just one of the T1600 switches and factory reset it, then recreated the VLANs for the IPTV and the internet and did some more research. I did not set the PVID for the ports the first time. Live and learn I guess. Once I had it working I copied the config to another switch hooked them together and bam, internet on 17-23 and IP streams on 1-16. I copied my config to the rest of our 11 T1600s and put the VLANs on the TL-SG5412Fs and it worked like a charm.
Options
Adding internet to Campus network
2016-11-12 04:58:48
Put Switch into Transparent mode and vlan.dat erased from flash; or you can use BPDU filtering enabled locally on all interfaces before adding to network; Check its Root Bridge ID Value; makes sure it is higher than your current root;
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 2

Related Articles