low speed with wa5210g

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

low speed with wa5210g

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
low speed with wa5210g
low speed with wa5210g
2016-10-12 23:27:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HELLO

i bought two (used) wa5210g to make a link between my girlfriend house and mine, mine has 15Mb internet ADSL with a TD-W8951ND router

and goes like this TD-W8951ND------------WA5210G======500mts=========WA5210G----------Notebook

configured as point to point, the thing is, in the "bad hour" when my internet download reachs between 3-7Mbps (typical 5Mbps) (in good hour when reach full speed is the same)I get in the notebook 1Mbps or less.

i tried to change antenna polarization from vertical to horizontal, reduce trasmit power from 27db to 19db, change the config to AP-Client router, and always get 19-25db and the speedtest does not pass the 3Mb mark..

I guessed that at least I should have 5-7Mbps connection and 3-5Mbps download... but none of that

and i almost forgot, channel wise im on channel 7 the less crowded I found, also tried channel 11-13 but i get very low signal and worse speed
Options
2 Reply
Re:low speed with wa5210g
2017-01-14 18:47:32
Hi! sometimes the reduction in speed may be due to Malware on your computer. On my Mac I have installed this software http://macsecurity.net/view/130/, the speed is great!
Options
Re:low speed with wa5210g
2017-01-15 00:34:19

MADGRUYERE wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HELLO

i bought two (used) wa5210g to make a link between my girlfriend house and mine, mine has 15Mb internet ADSL with a TD-W8951ND router

and goes like this TD-W8951ND------------WA5210G======500mts=========WA5210G----------Notebook

configured as point to point, the thing is, in the "bad hour" when my internet download reachs between 3-7Mbps (typical 5Mbps) (in good hour when reach full speed is the same)I get in the notebook 1Mbps or less.

i tried to change antenna polarization from vertical to horizontal, reduce trasmit power from 27db to 19db, change the config to AP-Client router, and always get 19-25db and the speedtest does not pass the 3Mb mark..

I guessed that at least I should have 5-7Mbps connection and 3-5Mbps download... but none of that

and i almost forgot, channel wise im on channel 7 the less crowded I found, also tried channel 11-13 but i get very low signal and worse speed

First of all determine the line of sight, it must be free ...., second determine the Fresnel zone that is free, for that distance (500mt) and that frequency (2.4GHz) is about 4 mts free from the highest obstacle In the way, therefore to determine if it needs more elevation between the devices ... and third, the devices must be well anchored, they should not move with the wind, since to be directional equipment they must at all times be looking at each other ...

Consider also the vertical inclination, if they are not horizontal, and one is lower than another, place one slightly pointing up and one down ...

Regards...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1005

Replies: 2

Related Articles