TL-SG108E, Stability problems due to heavy traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-28 19:07:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I'm using this switch to put my internet connection (WAN) and my home LAN on one cable to some other switches.

My situation:

- Port 1, 2 en 3 are untagged member of VLAN10 (WAN VLAN, tis is the WAN site)
- Port 4 is tagged member van VLAN20 and 30, (LAN, this is the connection to de LAN port of my router)
- Port 5,6 and 7 are untagged member of VLAN20 (my LAN network)
- Port 8 is untagged member of VLAN30 (my guest network (not yet in use))

What i see is that there is a lot of traffic on the WAN network, i can see that the ACT leds of port 1,2 and 3 are verry bussy.
When I want to listen to internetradio in my LAN network (VLAN20) i get network stability problemens and my internet connection is broken.

When i remove my WAN network from port 1,2 and 3 (and place then in another switch) the problem is gone.

What can I do to solve this issue? Is the switch to slow? is this a software issue?
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E, Stability problems due to heavy traffic
2016-11-28 13:49:10
You didnot tell us the PVID of your VLAN configuration. So we cannot have full concept of your problem. Besides, How did you connect your network? Why you give ports for your WAN LAN? And do the WAN LAN and your LAN network completely isolated?
Options
2016-12-18 01:34:58
Seems the problem is related to ARP floods from the ISP provider.
After a while, the switch stops forwarding arp request.
There is another post in the forum about this

I've send a mail to the support, hopefully they can solve this
Options
2017-01-03 07:02:07
Boat loads of ARP's are usually the result of something wrong like a crashed switch, NOT the cause.

When dealing with heavy traffic the first thing we think of is to turn ON the "Storm control" and "Flow control" but both of these sick functions invariably corrupt the VLANs stacks by dropping packets.
So just make sure these 2 functions stay OFF.
Once your VLAN stacks are corrupted... you have to Delete your VLANs then redefine them 'cause rebooting cold is of no help.

EDIT: "QOS by port" is broken on SG108EV2 - While you are dealing with heavy traffic QOS *blocks/stops* ports on lower priorities.
I have tested the different combinations of mixing port priority assignments (greater, equal, lower)...
As I understand the "4 priorities stacks are emptied top down": currently if you're flooding the switch on a high priority port then the lesser priority ports are going to stall and drop frames.

The question is why TPL puts out gear without testing the chip reference design??
I am done pulling my hair with the SG108EV2 box. The only thing that works is to Reset the switch and keep it on default Vanilla config: VLAN1 only, no VLAN, no QOS... It's junk!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1176

Replies: 3