Wireless link between the land and a sea spot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-07 21:46:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am a student researcher; I am working on my Ph.D., which is about sea cages for aquaculture. I want to extend the wifi from an office in the land to sea cages 2km far away, in the sea. My goal is to use the wifi for sensors data collection and video surveillance.

I did buy two Tp-link Cpe210(+5km), I did setup one as AP and the other in the cages as a client; but unfortunately it didn't work; wasn't able to connect to the AP event if the signal was about -80 dBm in the client side.

So now I am stuck I can't setup the Wireless link between the land and a sea spot (where the sea cages are placed)
so my question is how to setup a connection between the office and the sea cages which are 2km away from the office), so I can do video surveillance and sensor data collection?

thanks for helping me :)
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless link between the land and a sea spot
2016-11-08 22:41:00
Sea or water links are tricky
I have zero experience on them
My suggestion, read about them on UBNT forum, search words, sea and lake, you will find posts like this
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/Getting-Started-Product/PtP-link-over-sea/m-p/1179246#M44464
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/Installation-Troubleshooting/Recomendations-for-boat-at-lake/m-p/723385#M59586
You will notice they use 5.8Ghz frequencies in your case had to be CPE510
And use lots of height
Options
Re:Wireless link between the land and a sea spot
2016-12-05 09:27:09
pay attention to the alignment, 2km the signal will be higher than -80dbm, since the channel is clean and no obstacle, i think...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 2