VLAN on SG 1024 DE does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-28 15:08:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello!

I tried to configure an 802.1q VLAN on an TL -SG 1024 Switch.

(First I red all TP-Link tutorials about VLAN configuration.)

The switch (Switch no.1) is directly connected to main router at Port 4 (Internet) and provides internet to devices from main network.
Also the switch is connected to other switch through Port 2 (which is set as Trunk and tagged - this may be not important because my VLAN is set only on Switch no.1).

My VLAN uses Port 12.

The purpose of this VLAN:At Port 12 is connected another router (TP-Link 841) which creates a subnetwork.This router is used only for wireless users.The wireless users must access Internet but must not scan the main network or ping an device from main network.
For this purpose I set VLANS as follows:
VLAN 1:default. Ports 1-24 untagged.
VLAN 2:Internet: Port 2:Tagged ,Ports 1,3-24 Untagged . Created to allow devices from VLANS to connect to Internet.
VLAN 8 (for my purpose) :Port 4 (Internet),Port 12 (wireless subnetwork router) Both ports untagged.
PVID :Port 4:PVID=2 ,Port 12:PVID=8 , Port 2 (Trunk) :PVID = 1 ,Other Ports which don't belong to other VLANS :PVID = 1.

After configuration I connected a laptop to my wireless network and made a network mapping.
I see the shares and devices from main network and even the ping to a device from main network was succesful.The VLAN didn't work.

What was wrong?

Thank You.
Options
2 Reply
Re:VLAN on SG 1024 DE does not work
2016-11-29 15:21:12
All the devices in your topology can get to the Internet? And they can communicate with each other?
Options
Re:VLAN on SG 1024 DE does not work
2016-11-29 16:19:11
Hi dude,

maybe you can try this:
VLAN 1: default port 1-24 untagged
VNAN 2: (another switch)Port 2 tagged; port 4 untagged(Internet)
VLAN 8: (for your purpose): Port 4(Internet); port 12(wireless router) Both untagged
PVID: Port4: PVID=1, Port12: PVID=8, Port2: PVID=2, other ports which don't belong to other VLANs: PVID=1
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2670

Replies: 2