Pharos Control for Linux: Popular petition!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-18 21:18:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello Forum, I would like to make a proposal to TPLINK to create a version of Pharos Control in Linux distributions, not all have Windows computers on the network, or we do not use them.

A fairly viable alternative, since it would be for example possible to have a machine running some light distribution, like an Rpi in the network monitoring the equipment.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Pharos Control for Linux: Popular petition!!!
2016-12-19 19:20:03
Same is true for the EAP Controller. I would like to manage EAPs and CPEs from our Linux-based hotspot gateways. A first step into this direction would be the release of the API by TP-Link.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-01-17 22:26:02

R1D2 wrote

Same is true for the EAP Controller. I would like to manage EAPs and CPEs from our Linux-based hotspot gateways. A first step into this direction would be the release of the API by TP-Link.

As far as I can tell, the components of the EAP controller are basically ready to be deployed on Linux (MongoDB, Jetty, Netty, JRE).
I guess it wouldn't need a full rewrite of the whole application, just some changes here and there.
It may even already work on Linux and just need a lot of fiddling (check the config files in /EAP Controller/properties/).

Maybe someone has some spare time to give it a shot ...
Options
2017-01-18 19:36:09

PeterL. wrote

Maybe someone has some spare time to give it a shot ...

Nonetheless I would prefer to get the API of the EAPs, so I could integrate the EAPs into our own hotspot software. We even do not need all features of the EAPs, just a subset of them.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options