Connecting TL-Sg105E to TL-ER604W stalls network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-24 16:21:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm trying to expand my network so I bought a switch to attach to my router. I did not unplug anything, I simply put the WAN/LAN switch in LAN mode, hooked up a CAT^ cable between it and my new switch, and voila, it did not work. At first the network got really slow, and I noticed that that both had the same IP address, which means the web interface is confusing at best, and impossible at worst. I don't want to plug everything into the switch, I just want to have room for two more devices in the near future and need to make sure it will work. At some point, I thought maybe enabling DHCP server/client would help, and that made it easy to use the web interface, but the network died. What am I doing wrong? Or what should I set up to make it all work?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting TL-Sg105E to TL-ER604W stalls network
2016-12-30 10:40:48
hey dude, how many LAN subnets do you have after connecting the TL-SG105E to the router?Did you use the switch to set some VLANs?
Options
2016-12-31 00:56:18
Actually, I fixed the problem. The issue seems to have been that the cable was only a foot long, and there was too much stress bending it. The design puts the cable in front of the switch but behind the router, which is inconvenient for people like me with limited space who rather stack a switch on top and have cables in the back. (It's only the one switch after all.) It might work out in the future if I need to move the switch further away, but I still don't like the mechanical design.
Options
2016-12-31 04:11:27

Roving3 wrote

I noticed that that both had the same IP address, which means the web interface is confusing at best, and impossible at worst.

You cannot have two devices in the same network sharing the same IP. Solution is to just change the IP of the TL-SG105E to some unused IP.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 3

Related Articles