Long range wifi with a mid point repeater - advice needed...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-11 07:13:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought 2 x CPE510 long range wifi routers with a view to connect my home (rural location with 2mb broadband connection) to one of our businesses (has availability of 300mb internet) less than 1km in distance. There is a difference in levels and I think we would need quite a tall mast to achieve line of sight, however we own some of the land in between the two locations and there are some very tall trees available for our use. I am hoping to be able to setup a point-to-point-to-point connection but I an unsure of the best solution for the mid point connection in order to reduce any bandwidth and to incur the least latency. It would also be useful if there was a solution where the antennas could be setup in the tree to bridge the connection, with coax cable or similar to a piece of equipment on the ground for maintenance.

Can anyone offer a solution to the central tree point connection, equipment, etc.

Thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 1

Related Articles