Switch TL-SG108E speed trouble

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-18 18:53:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I own a TL-SG108E Version 2. Some strange things happen, which I don't understand:

1. When cabeling from my modem to the switch the yellow LED is blinking, I expected the green one. Now it only supports max 100mbit? Why?
2. When try to login with IP 192.168.0.1 in my web-browser it can not find this / not responding
3. When trying to login with the software the message "Host IP adress and switch IP must be in the same subnet. How to solve this? (please in a step-by step instruction, I'm not Bill Gates!)

In my situation I have a gigabit ethernet card. My internet download speed directly from the modem is maximum (150 mbit), but when using the switch it stops at max 95 mbit. What to do?

My English is not very well, so I'm sorry for some few strange words.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Switch TL-SG108E speed trouble
2017-01-20 05:13:15

Downforce wrote

1. When cabeling from my modem to the switch the yellow LED is blinking, I expected the green one. Now it only supports max 100mbit? Why?

Could be the cable. I did observe this effect with cheap CAT.5 cable without shielding. Try another patch cable, make sure it's CAT.5e with proper shielding. Category/shielding is printed onto the cable usually, look for CAT.5e, CAT.6 or CAT.7 for category/quality and STP, FTP or S/FTP for shielding. If it reads CAT.5 and UTP on the cable, replace it.

2. When try to login with IP 192.168.0.1 in my web-browser it can not find this / not responding

3. When trying to login with the software the message "Host IP adress and switch IP must be in the same subnet. How to solve this? (please in a step-by step instruction, I'm not Bill Gates!)

Make sure you set a static (fixed) IP from the same subnet the switch is in (e.g. if subnet is 192.168.x.0, where 'x' is a number only you or the person which configured the switch could know, then set your PC to 192.168.x.10 or some other free IP to connect to the switch's web interface). If you don't know which IP has been configured as the switch's IP, that's bad. Then you need to reset the switch to factory defaults with its IP set to 192.168.0.1 by pressing the reset button for ~8 seconds.Then try again to connect to the web interface of the switch. This will solve both problems 2 and 3. Not sure wether Bill Gates would really get this, he actually isn't such a clever person except when it comes to selling people crappy software. :o

In my situation I have a gigabit ethernet card. My internet download speed directly from the modem is maximum (150 mbit), but when using the switch it stops at max 95 mbit. What to do

Check for the cable as in 1. If the switch negotiates for 100 Mbps speed, you will not get more out of the link to your modem than this.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Switch TL SG108E speed tr
2017-02-05 02:31:19
If this has not been resolved, please submit an RMA. This is likely a hardware issue, a cold solder joint or torn trace from the switch to the CPU.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1691

Replies: 2

Related Articles