Long-Wifi Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Long-Wifi Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Long-Wifi Problems
Long-Wifi Problems
2017-01-20 14:28:17
Model : WA7210N

Hardware Version : latest

Firmware Version : Latest

ISP : haztech

I have two long range wifi that connected at 2.35km MPtMP (multipoint-to-multipoint) N-LOS as following below:

1. TP-Link WA7210N + TL-2424B 24dbi antenna as receiver @ HazTech (look at figure)
Run over 27 dbm transmit power
[*]Avg Signal strength PtP at: 23-32dbi (maintained signal at 25dbi)
[*]No LOS, thats why 2.4GHz is preferred over 5Ghz (above the WA7210N is CPE510).
[*]Channel: 9
[*]Mode: 802.11bgn 150Mbps
[*]Installed at 20meters from earth-ground ontop the roof

2. Altai A2-Ei 14dbi antenna dual-band as Transmitter @ MKHTower (look at figure below)
Run over 31 dbm transmit power
[*]SSID: Mukah-Marhazli
[*]MAC Address(es): **-19-BE-30-96-84
[*]Avg Signal strength PtP at: 20-27dbi
[*]Channel: 9
[*]Mode: 802.11gn - 130Mbps (20MHz)
[*]Installed about 100m (2nd phase) from earth-ground @ 150m height 4-legged telecommunication tower.

So, the distance (via Google Earth is around 2.35km)

At first (after restarted the receiver), I had this reading while survey:

But after few times of "Refresh", I had this:
(During peakhours/daytime)

(during night-time)

Plus, the packets keep lossing everytime I (from receiver) ping'ing the Transmitter IP Address

So, I have no ideas why the ping's keep lossing AND the ping is high (normally 0-5ms, but I had 50-2000ms) however both Receiver & Transmitter are linked all the time (will not disconnected forever, links are stable). I'm not sure if the interference might cause the problem or anything else. It's been almost 3 months to find out the issues/causes but still. These are the alternatives that we had done during the issues.
Mode: bgn to n/bg (not works, keep losing packets)
[*]Channel 1-13 (not works, keep lossing packets)
[*]Re-Alignments (25dbi the highest so far where 25dbi is the exact PtP degrees)
[*]20/40Mhz to 20Mhz (not works, keep losing packets, but 20MHz is preferable due 3-times over-lapping (20Mhz) instead of 1-time over-lapping (40Mhz).
[*]Changed 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz (totally no reading due NLOS because of the obstacles; jungle)
Options
7 Reply
Re:Long-Wifi Problems
2017-01-20 23:46:42
Wrong equipment selection, you need NLOS gear
Options
2017-01-20 23:52:34

danymarc wrote

Wrong equipment selection, you need NLOS gear

can u describe more? btw, they're 2.4Ghz
Options
2017-01-21 01:41:44

MarHazK wrote

can u describe more?

there is nothing to decribe, NLOS is no line of sight, like yours, Motorola and other brands sale NLOS gear
if you had started with the 900 frequency you would not be in this position, UBNT sales 900 Mhz
Options
2017-01-21 02:54:30

danymarc wrote

there is nothing to decribe, NLOS is no line of sight, like yours, Motorola and other brands sale NLOS gear
if you had started with the 900 frequency you would not be in this position, UBNT sales 900 Mhz

we've been planning on 900Mhz but shamefully it's licensed here (cost about $ million, totally nonsense for startups/enterprises). that's why we have to use the consumer-grade of equipments. Due no solutions, I might plan to do the relocating the site or add another hops as our last option.
Options
2017-01-21 03:07:24

MarHazK wrote

Due no solutions

you have one site on a tower, what about raising the other site,
Options
2017-01-22 00:40:07
As said @danymarc, it is impossible with the equipment that has, can get a good link and stable ... is the N-LoS effect the devices detect the AP equipment, they can connect, sometimes with good signal, but the conexion or comunicacion is Terrible Returning to the suggested, at the point of reception should raise more antennas to convert the N-LoS to LoS ... in the image below shows for the chosen frequency the radius of free zone fresnel that should exist, this is 8.6 m According to calculations, but should rise a little more on average 10 meters over the obstacle in the middle of the jungle, above the maximum height of the forest, raise 10 meters plus height to place the receiving antenna ... Regards... PD.. in other case, should try cut some trees in the jungle..... (sorry it's a joke...)
File:
fresss.pngDownload
Options
2017-01-22 14:20:42
So basically in my situation where PTP is linked & connected together but still the NLOS cause the instability during the transmissions eventhough the links are stable through the jungles where the spectrums were interfered by them, but why @ Johnsontp suggests the WBS210 + ANT2424MD (ISP-grade)? What he meant is, its "a bit" or "huge" improved while transmissions if apply in this situation instead of WA7210N + ANT2424B (consumer-grade)? (this interesting me, I was wondering its "a bit" improved or "huge" improved...)

Anyway, below is the result (where I used airlink & radio mobile online too) where its seems almost accurate (in case the height of the jungles is shorter than the real-world, lol).
File:
screenshot.538.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1421

Replies: 7

Related Articles