Help creating Bridge with CPE510's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-02 09:51:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am looking for some advise on what products i require and basic setup information, here is description of what i need to achieve.

Buidling 1 (B1) has existing ADSL internet with router and 4 port switch.
Building 2 (B2) is 200 Meters line of sight from B1, B2 requires WIFI Internet access. B2 is a small house so coverage is no problem.

My thought was create a bridge with 2 x CPE510.
What else is required to get the bridge connected to WIFI in B2 working, Can i just plug a Wireless router into the LAN1 port of CPE510, if so what model and whats required to set up (modes etc confuses me).
Only a few devices need to access B2, one Ethernet and two WIFI devices..

Any suggestions appreciated.

Scott
Options
1 Reply
Re:Help creating Bridge with CPE510's
2017-02-05 20:48:21

scott@sics.com.au wrote

My thought was create a bridge with 2 x CPE510.

If you really need transparent access between B1 LAN devices to B2 LAN devices, bridge mode is the preferred mode.

If you just need Internet access for B2 LAN devices, but no access to B1 LAN devices, AP mode on B1 CPE and client mode on B2 CPE would be much better in terms of bandwidth savings.

What else is required to get the bridge connected to WIFI in B2 working, Can i just plug a Wireless router into the LAN1 port of CPE510, if so what model and whats required to set up (modes etc confuses me).

Why a wireless router if using bridge mode with the CPEs? A dumb AP would fit better, else you have no advantage of bridge mode.

Even if you use AP/client modes on the CPEs, a router would not be necessary, since the B2 CPE could be configured to behave like a router (AP client router mode would make B2 CPE a client on the WAN side and a router on the LAN side), so any AP would fit also to serve WiFi clients at B2. I would recommend TL-WA901ND as a cheap AP or an EAP as an indoor AP, but definitely not a router.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 1