CPE210 Costa Rica Rainforest - smart home help needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-26 00:35:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good morning everyone,

I did have a nice in-depth post about what I am trying to achieve but unfortunately lost the whole thread before posting :) Anyway....let's try again.

My partner and I are in the process of building what we call 'The Fusion Home' in the rain forest of Costa Rica (the idea is to fuse the modern world with the sustainable one and have the best of both worlds with no maintenance costs all monthly bills). If you are interested then you can view more here: www.thefusionhomeblog.com (although browsing our facebook page will prob be easier).

Long story short, we are now in the process of putting the gadgets in, we have already successfully installed a bluetooth mesh system to control our plugged in devices and lights - it also works over wifi (Avi-on), we have installed 'move' devices to control the blinds (teptron), a smart 'H1' projector (xgimi), a 'bloomsky' weather drone as well as others and more to come. We installed a CPE210 device to capture wifi from basecamp (we only used the one and it works great), the internet speed is more than adequate and we can comfortable stream Netflix on the projector, do our emails etc. I made it so it had it own Network (The Fusion Home) and Password - so far so good!

What I need help with is this next part, I have a small window of oppituinty to purchase these cameras: https://new.getoco.com/collections/all/products/oco-pro-dome-4x-pack and plan to purchase this too: https://new.getoco.com/products/5-port-10-100-mbps-poe-switch-trendnet-tpe-s50. The opportunity is small because I have a friend coming to visit early March and he can bring the cameras for me (receiving packages in the rain forest is challenging). At this point I just want to know if it's possible to set these up with the system I have in place and then I can figure out (hopefully with your help) how to install them once onsite.

The way I have the CPE210 set up now is just simply on the roof pointed to a cloudtrax modem at basecamp and as stated it's working just great. I would however like to know if it's possible to connect the CPE210 to a separate modem in the house (currently the device itself is the modem on the roof) and then rig it up to add these cameras (as you can probably tell I really have no idea what I am doing).

If someone is willing to take the time to show me how to set it up so the CPE210 is plugged into a modem inside the house then I can try figure out the cameras from there - it's currently blasting my network all over the valley. I try to figure this stuff out on my own but sadly it is going over my head, we really would appreciate any help and apologies in advance any frustration I might cause by not understand something :)

Pura Vida!
Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE210 Costa Rica Rainforest - smart home help needed
2017-02-28 00:04:00
Just responding in the hopes of someone seeing my above post - any help is appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 1