TL-SG105E V2 connection issue on Windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-02 00:23:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I've received from amazon my new TL-SG105SE V2.
I've configured it with a new IP and my satellite decoder connected to the switch works correctly.
If I connect an old macbook it also works perfectly.
The problem is with two laptop (HP & Toshiba), one with Windows 7 and another with Windows 10, it doesn't connect and does not assing an IP.
I don't know whats the problem, the switch seems to work but I don't understand whats the problem with Windows OS.

Thx!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG105E V2 connection issue on Windows
2017-03-03 08:39:56

is05458 wrote

The problem is with two laptop (HP & Toshiba), one with Windows 7 and another with Windows 10, it doesn't connect and does not assing an IP.

There you have it: if the laptops don't assign IPs there is probably no DHCP running or the laptops are not set to use DHCP aka dynamic addresses. Either set their network interfaces to DHCP or (better) try a static (fixed) IP from the subnetwork your main router/satellite decoder is.

the switch seems to work but I don't understand whats the problem with Windows OS.

Problem with Windows is that it is made by Microsoft. :D (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 1

Related Articles