Two MC100CM media converters with fiber link communication Problem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-07 20:58:32 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:56:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am using two identical Tp-link media converters Model No. MC100CM,and they are linked by 1Km fiber optic cable with one side there is Siemens PLC CPU 315-2PN/DP with 100Mbps profinet port connected with the media converter,on the other side there is Siemens interface module 153-4PN 100Mbps port connected to the other media converter.But i have a random communication interruption between the CPU and the interface module,with a direct link via profinet cable or Rj45 the modules communication is working the problem is via the media converters.I have asked Siemens and confirmed the modules are configured correctly and i should ask Tp-link, any Suggestions?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Two MC100CM media converters with fiber link communication Problem?
2017-10-08 17:44:52 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:56:41

abe_beke wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am using two identical Tp-link media converters Model No. MC100CM,and they are linked by 1Km fiber optic cable with one side there is Siemens PLC CPU 315-2PN/DP with 100Mbps profinet port connected with the media converter,on the other side there is Siemens interface module 153-4PN 100Mbps port connected to the other media converter.But i have a random communication interruption between the CPU and the interface module,with a direct link via profinet cable or Rj45 the modules communication is working the problem is via the media converters.I have asked Siemens and confirmed the modules are configured correctly and i should ask Tp-link, any Suggestions?

If you think there are something wrong with MC100CM, in my opnion, you need check fiber and ethernet cable seperately.
MC100CM support LFP, i sugget you disable it.
Fiber you need choose PC and UPC, don not choose APC.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 812

Replies: 1

Related Articles