CPE 210 Motorhome help please!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-24 08:05:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all!
What I would like to do, is mount my CPE210 in my van, which is easy enough to do and power.

Then I want to be able to access it
wirelessly and select the wifi network to which I want it to connect, then share this internet connection with my devices.

I have been able to bridge the connections, but then I cannot access the CPE210’s settings wirelessly to select a different network.

I’ve googled high and low, and tried so many combinations of settings I’ve lost track, and advice welcome!
Thanks v much

Ben

File:
CPE201 help!.pdfDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE 210 Motorhome help please!
2017-03-26 05:15:03

benj111uk wrote

I have been able to bridge the connections, but then I cannot access the CPE210’s settings wirelessly to select a different network.

As soon as you bridge the wireless uplink with your wireless LAN, your devices will be part of the wireless network the CPE connects to. To have the CPE's IP address assigned to one of the foreign network, use DHCP, but you will have to find out the assigned IP. To use a well-known, unchanging IP for the CPE's web UI, set a static IP for the CPE and create an IP alias to your (client) device's wireless interface, so you can use either network.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-03-27 01:24:28

R1D2 wrote

As soon as you bridge the wireless uplink with your wireless LAN, your devices will be part of the wireless network the CPE connects to. To have the CPE's IP address assigned to one of the foreign network, use DHCP, but you will have to find out the assigned IP. To use a well-known, unchanging IP for the CPE's web UI, set a static IP for the CPE and create an IP alias to your (client) device's wireless interface, so you can use either network.

Thanks for the info R1D2, I'm not sure what you mean by "create an IP alias to your (client) device's wireless interface", would you mind explaining please?
Options
2017-03-27 16:27:30
IP aliasing is a technique introduced to UNIX in the early 1990s. It was needed to host web services for different customers on one server only, which needed to serve several domain names for such customers. IP aliases provide several network addresses (kind of virtual interfaces) on the same physical NIC so a system looks like multiple systems. It's handy if you have just one physical NIC, but want to access it with several different IP addresses.

All UNIX-like systems (such as Linux, OpenBSD and MacOS) support IP aliasing. Since Windows claims to be POSIX-compatible since Win NT and therefore is - at least partially - a UNIX-flavor also (big surprise), it should support it, too. For true UNIX systems, see:

MacOS: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/481206?start=0&tstart=0
OpenBSD: https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html
Linux: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/pdf/IP-Alias.pdf
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 678

Replies: 3

Related Articles