CPE510 Cannot see other wifi in any mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-02 02:40:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello there,

I am trying to configure 510 as Client or either Repeater/Extender.

1) I am not able to select my region.

I connected it since the first time, to my home router and accessed its settings using my wifi and accessing it using the default ip address.
This is because I have a laptop without ethernet and this is the only way I can configure it.

2) I cannot see any other network using survey for some reason.

What I am thinking is that this may be because I am not connected to my 510 with my PC (physically) and that the 510 thinks that I want to use it as bridge, AP, AP Router and blocking me some configurations.

Can anyone had the same problem? What do you think?
Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE510 Cannot see other wifi in any mode.
2017-04-08 06:48:46
Hello can anyone help me?
Options
2017-09-28 20:16:29

abdulzeedo wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello there,

I am trying to configure 510 as Client or either Repeater/Extender.

1) I am not able to select my region.

I connected it since the first time, to my home router and accessed its settings using my wifi and accessing it using the default ip address.
This is because I have a laptop without ethernet and this is the only way I can configure it.

2) I cannot see any other network using survey for some reason.

What I am thinking is that this may be because I am not connected to my 510 with my PC (physically) and that the 510 thinks that I want to use it as bridge, AP, AP Router and blocking me some configurations.

Can anyone had the same problem? What do you think?

I have the same problem, please help me, i can't see any network using survey!
Options
2017-09-28 20:51:10
I can't see any network too, why???
Options
2017-09-29 17:58:38

renton82 wrote

I can't see any network too, why???

Probably because there are none in the direction of your CPE's antenna. The CPEs have directional antennas with a narrow beam width of 45°.

What's more, 5 GHz indoor WiFi has a very low coverage and uses a subset of channels (36 to 64) allowed for indoor use only, except in the USA. The EU version of the CPE uses channels 100 to 136 only, again this depends on local regulations. So, if there is no outdoor WiFi in the outdoor subband and in the area covered by your CPE, you won't see any. I would be happy to see no other APs, because this means you could use any channel for your link. In my (dense populated) area, I see just a few outdoor APs, all on channel 100 or 104.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1329

Replies: 4

Related Articles