Best antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Best antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Best antenna
Best antenna
2017-04-21 19:28:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have a land with a main cabin, few small cabin and a commercial place that I want to connect all together with the same internet access. What is the best installation/product that I can buy for that. I think I will need an omni-directional antenna because the small cabin and the commercial place is not in the same direction.

Thanks,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Best antenna
2017-04-23 00:50:33
you should setup point to point network via wireless.
Options
Re:Best antenna
2017-04-23 02:49:50

Sylvain wrote

I have a land with a main cabin, few small cabin and a commercial place that I want to connect all together with the same internet access. What is the best installation/product that I can buy for that. I think I will need an omni-directional antenna because the small cabin and the commercial place is not in the same direction.

Use directional links (e.g. using CPE510/520) between main cabin and the two other places. In the commercial place use a consumer-grade AP and connect it to the local CPE. For the small cabins mount the CPE at the cabin in the center of the area and connect an EAP110-Outdoor to it to cover the area. You could try to install the EAP110-Outdoor in your main cabin first (and therefore save a directional radio link between two CPEs), but probably the small antennas of client devices will not be strong enough to work over such a distance. I would try this anyway before buying more equipment.

If this is your private property, you could also hard-wire the cabins to the main place, e.g. using fiber and media converters (that's what I would do). This way you avoid directional radio links and could feed the APs with whatever bandwidth you get from your Internet service provider.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 655

Replies: 2

Related Articles