TL-SG108E multiple networks over 1 cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-04 04:27:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

Since I am quite new to the whole TP-link managed switch scene I decided to first see if I could get an answer here before going on a wild goose chase without even knowing what I have to look for. Also: I am not immediately looking for someone here to solve this issue for me; I would simply like to know if my idea would be possible with the TL-SG108E switches.
I would like to setup 3 different networks at home, but I want to use only 1 cable to distribute them between several TL-SG108E switches. I will try to explain this situation below simplified as much as possible:
Switch A only serves as a "collector" of the 3 networks and distributes them on 1 port:

[*]Port 1: normal internet input, directly from standard router
[*]Port 2: VPN connection input directly from a second router, configured to use an external VPN server
[*]Port 3: home based linux server in

I then want to distribute all of this with 1 cable from switch A port 4 to switch B port 7 which would then have:
Swirch B

[*]Port 1 and 2: normal internet out
[*]Port 3 and 4: VPN connection out
[*]Port 5 and 6: Linux server out
[*]Port 8: forward the 3 connections from port 7 to switch C

Switch C would then have the same connections available as switch B and so on.
I tried searching for "trunking" but this does not seem to be the correct term for TP-link switches.
Like I stated above: I am not asking someone to do this job for me; I would simply like to know if this could work so I know if I can purchase these switches.

Thanks in advance,

Pirbal
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E multiple networks over 1 cable
2017-05-04 22:39:22
Never mind, I think I found it after consulting a coworker. Thread can be closed.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 491

Replies: 1