Airport Express and CPE210?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-30 00:27:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Could someone let me know if I'm on the right track with what I'm trying to achieve please.

I have an out building at the bottom of my property - approx 300ft, which I plan to use as a workshop/office and my current Wifi setup does not reach that far.

My questions are - if I were to configure a setup as above using the CPE210's to link the two Airport Expresses would 1.) my laptop still have access to the same network as though it was 'hardwired' with Cat5/6? ...and 2.) would I be able to see and configure the Airport Expresses with Airport Utility?

Apologies if this is a naive question, but networks are not my strong point, but with advice and direction, I'm prepared to 'have a go' and persevere!

Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:Airport Express and CPE210?
2017-05-30 18:38:34
Ok it is possible

You should setup the first device as AP and the second as BRIDGE ...

As the Airport should be setup as a bridge, in this case without DHCP and connected to the CPE210 not on the WAN port, but on one of its LAN ports .... you can use the same SSID on the second Airport without problems because the Wireless devices will always try to connect to the strongest signal ...

With this setup, it will always be the first Airport that manages the complete network ...

Regards....
Options
2017-05-31 20:28:40
Thanks for getting back to me Victor - appreciated.

Sorry for sounding stupid, but I take it you mean the first CPE210 setup as an AP and the second CPE210 as a bridge? Are the 2 CPE's required to be on the same subnet as the AE's? 10.0.1.x?
Also, just for clarification, did you mean that the second Express needs to be set in Bridge mode as well as the CPE210?

Thanks.
Options
2017-06-01 01:26:56
Yes ... everything is correct ... and it is not necessary that they are in the same subnet, if they do not need to enter the CPE to make some other adjustments, but if they need to monitor them, if they need to be in the Same sub net ...

Yes ... the second airport should also be configured as a bridge and not as a router .... this is for the first airport to take control of the entire network ...

Just to clarify, the both CPE and the second airport, must be configured with an IP that is outside the DHCP granted by the main airport ... this to avoid IP conflicts ...

Regards...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1289

Replies: 3

Related Articles