TL-SG105 multicast issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG105 multicast issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-SG105 multicast issue
TL-SG105 multicast issue
2017-05-31 04:22:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I am running into an issue where multicast packets would intermittently not get through to devices connected to the TP-LINK TL-SG105 switch. To isolate all other environmental issues, I created my own mini-network witht he switch. I have 3 "devices" and a HP desktop plugged into the TL-SG105 switch. Each "device" multicasts a custom "Alive" packet every 5seconds to 239.0.0.100. The desktop runs wireshark and is looking for anything to/from 239.0.0.100. When a "device" starts up, it subscribes to the 239.0.0.100 group via a IGMP message. I am seeing that when an IGMP message is sent out, 50% of the time, an existing device that was subscribed to the same IGMP group gets knocked out and does not receive multicast packets for a period of time (approximately 15 minutes). So I have device 1 and device 2 powered on. They are both receiving each other's multicast. Then device 3 powers on and 50% of the time device 1 and/or 2 would not receive multicast packets for about 15 minutes. This is repeatable irregardless of which device is power on first and which device is powered on afterwards. I have repeated the same test on a Linksys switch as well as on my company's LAN and have not seen the same issue - this only happens with the TP-LINK TL-SG105 switch. Have anyone seen this issue before? Does anyone know the cause of this?

-Yan
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1704

Replies: 0