DynDNS deactivated the update via the address Dyndns.org

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-14 16:29:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Any solution ? We have 11 TP-Link Devices ....

It looks like updates on old hardware do not work anymore. Dyn deactivated the update via the address Dyndns.org and only accepts updates via the address members.dyndns.com. The note can be found under Dynstatus.com on 12.6.2017. For me, over 40 Netgear routers are concerned (FVS318g, FVX538, FVS336G). I do not think Netgear released firmwareupdates here quickly. Probably these routers are now all scrap. One option is to install the Dyn software client on a PC behind the router. I think Dyn could have determined in advance, who runs routers, which perform an update via dyndns.org. An information by mail would not have been a problem before the shutdown. Thanks for nothing, Dyn!

-------------------from dynstatus.com:

Investigating - On June 12th, 2017, Dyn began performing maintenance on our Remote access and Standard DNS platform. As part of this maintenance, the dyndns.org redirect that many routers use for Remote Access hostname updates is no longer redirecting. Customers are encouraged to update their router configurations to point to members.dyndns.com instead of dyndns.org or dyn.com.

Customers with questions or concerns are encouraged to reach out to our Technical Support Team.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 555

Replies: 0

Related Articles