TL-SG108E / TL-SG105E VLANS & Trunks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-22 19:11:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I am trying to set up VLANS to segregate my home network using a couple of TL-SG108E switches and a single TL-SG105E switch but am having trouble ensuring the relevant machines in the segregated VLANs can see each other:

I have attached an image to this post to show network layout hopefully it is attached to the post and is detailed enough.

I have:
- 1 PC (PC1) connected to TL-SG108E (SW1) on port 1, this is set to be VLAN 101
- 1 PC (PC2) connected to TL-SG108E (SW1) on port 2, this is set to be VLAN 102
- My ISP’s router is connected to TL-SG108E (SW1) on port 8 (Router is the same as this one http://www.techradar.com/reviews/virgin-media-super-hub-3)

- A second TL-SG108E (SW2) is connected to TL-SG108E (SW1) on port 7 (trunk). So SW1 port 7 - > SW2 port 7
- A TL-SG105E (SW3) is connected to SW2 via port 8, So SW2 port 8 - > SW3 port 5

- 1 PC (PC3) connected to TL- SG105E (SW3) on port 1, this is set to be VLAN 101
- 1 PC (PC4) connected to TL- SG105E (SW3 on port 2, this is set to be VLAN 102

I am looking for the following :

- PC1 to be able to communicate / ping to PC3
- PC2 to be able to communicate / ping to PC4
- PC1 should not be able to ping PC2 or PC4

I thought I had the VLAN tagging set up correctly but It just wouldn't work! Any help regarding the setup via the windows config utility would be appreciated, particularly what ports and what switch is tagged.

Here's the current tagging I have set up:

Switch1

Switch 2:

Switch 3

The 8 port switches are version 2 and the 5 port switch is version 3. All have been flashed with the latest firmware.

Just to add, I can get it working if I use a single SG108E switch making use of 4 ports for the machines and tagging them accordingly. The issue seems to be when connecting multiple switches together. Could it be the router is not passing on the tags?

Thanks in advance, if you need any more details please let me know.

Thanks!
Michael
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2245

Replies: 0