Cpe210 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cpe210 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cpe210 setup
Cpe210 setup
2017-07-01 15:52:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We have bought some CPE210 which We use to connect three houses. It works fint so far but my concern is the security. What is the best setup?House A: The main house which is sharing the internetHouse B: A member of the familyHouse C: A house which is being rented to guests during summerThe green dots is the CPE210 on the roofs. The blue dots is accesspoints. The blue dot in house A is a router. Right now the CPE210s on house A is setup as Accesspoint.The CPE210 n house B and C is setup as clients. Problem now is that all houses are on the same network and house C can for example use the chromecast on house B. How can I setup this so at least house C will not be able to reach the network on house A and B?
File:
IMG_0040.jpgDownload
Options
6 Reply
Re:Cpe210 setup
2017-07-01 22:51:31
So that they are in another different subnet should set the CPE210s in AP Client Router ...
This video explanatory, (I did not find something in the knowledge base)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tILWqJLTf2s
could help you..., logic..., you need only the wireless connection between AP and Client, so that it does not repeat over the wireless and only connect by cable to the router or ap in house B And C, you should uncheck the WIRELESS AP SETTINGS ...

In LAN configuration, you must put a different subnet to that of the main router ....

Regards...
Options
2017-07-02 02:18:33
Setting up the CPE for house C in AP Router Client mode alone will by no means isolate the main subnet from the one used in house C. Any device in house C's network still can reach any other device in house A/B's subnet if subnetting is done just on the CPE using AP Router Client mode.

Remember, that there is a default route in the CPE's client subnet pointing to the WAN in AP Router Client mode, which is the house A/B's network, so the main router will route data from any foreign device in house C to any other local device in house A/B's network. Of course it will prevent announcements of multicast services to house C's devices and it also will isolate house C's devices from being accessed by devices in the main house A/B network, but not the other way around!

To ensure that house C will not be able to reach the network on house A/B you have to set up two different networks on the main router which does forward data from both subnets to the Internet, but at the same time can isolate both subnets against accesses from each other. Most ISP routers have the ability to create a separate guest network. Just connect your CPE for the wireless link to house C with such a guest network. Operation mode still can remain AP mode at house A and Client mode at house C in this case.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-07-12 02:44:47
I have setup a guest network on the router now. The router is a Netgear r7800. How do I chose the guest network to be used on the cpe210 in house c?I am using the web portal of Pharos.
Options
2017-07-13 05:09:17

Mutumba23 wrote

I have setup a guest network on the router now. The router is a Netgear r7800. How do I chose the guest network to be used on the cpe210 in house c?I am using the web portal of Pharos.

Assign an Ethernet port of the Netgear to the guest network and plug in the CPE210 in house A, which feeds the CPE210 in house C. No changes in both CPE's setup are needed.
Options
2017-07-13 15:46:17
The problem is that the both CPEs on the roof of house A are connected to each other with Poe. So There is just one Ethernet cable from the Netgear router to both the CPEs on house A.Do I need to feed one of the CPEs on house A with another Ethernet cable then?Is There any other option?
Options
2017-07-13 21:20:09

Mutumba23 wrote

The problem is that the both CPEs on the roof of house A are connected to each other with Poe. So There is just one Ethernet cable from the Netgear router to both the CPEs on house A.Do I need to feed one of the CPEs on house A with another Ethernet cable then?Is There any other option?

You could use VLANs to combine both subnets on one cable. But I don't know wether the Netgear router supports VLANs, you would have to find out. If it doesn't support VLANs, you could use a managed smart switch to separate the VLAN trunk to the CPEs for connection to the Netgear. However, an additional Ethernet cable might be easier to install then setting up VLANs if you have no experience with VLANs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1135

Replies: 6

Related Articles