WiFi connexion impossible saying my password is incorrect !!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-08 03:01:06
Model : cpe210

Hardware Version : 2.0

Firmware Version : latest

ISP :

Hi,
I setup my antenna as an access point. Used WPA-PSK . Defined a passkey.
Then, if i try to connect to the antenna, it is asking for my password, but it is always resulting in an error message as the password is incorrect, but it is correct.
If i do not setup the security, i am just not able to connect.

Absolutely can't figure out the problem Someone can help ???
Options
6 Reply
Re:WiFi connexion impossible saying my password is incorrect !!!
2017-07-10 03:56:05
I have the exact same problem, I've tried many devices and I've even tried it with no password set and I still can't connect.
Options
2017-07-10 21:25:45

Bernards wrote

Model : cpe210Hardware Version : 2.0Firmware Version : latestISP : Hi,I setup my antenna as an access point. Used WPA-PSK . Defined a passkey.Then, if i try to connect to the antenna, it is asking for my password, but it is always resulting in an error message as the password is incorrect, but it is correct.If i do not setup the security, i am just not able to connect.Absolutely can't figure out the problem Someone can help ???
Finally, i did a hard reset on the antenna and the PPoE device. Then i reinsralled everything from scratch : bingo ! It works like a charm....
Options
2017-07-23 03:07:04
I had the same issue. I reset the wifi password on the router page (192.168.0.1). Fixed my "incorrect password" problems! Hope that this helps!
Options
2017-07-24 15:52:11
Lol, a hard reset(paperclip in the hole) is sometimes useful. Sometimes would be a software issue. Do you upgrade your firmware to the latest?
Options
2020-06-26 11:04:24

@Bernards Hey there,

Solution,

I am also gone through the same phase,

surprisingly I found the TPlink wireless router only allows 16 characters of the password and its apps allow to type more than 16 characters.

if your password is 20 characters so it will apply only 16 characters of your password so whenever you log in to the tither app use only the first 16 characters of your password.

That's the solution to the big problem.

Cheers

Bernards wrote

Model : cpe210

Hardware Version : 2.0

Firmware Version : latest

ISP :

Hi,
I setup my antenna as an access point. Used WPA-PSK . Defined a passkey.
Then, if i try to connect to the antenna, it is asking for my password, but it is always resulting in an error message as the password is incorrect, but it is correct.
If i do not setup the security, i am just not able to connect.

Absolutely can't figure out the problem Someone can help ???

... Be Safe... Be Human being...

Thanks, Abhay

GSS Technologies

INDIA

Options
2020-11-02 22:18:53

Exact same issue...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 27358

Replies: 6

Related Articles