Using 2 TP-Link WBS210 in a distance of 2km - ping times

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-11 05:06:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

i bought an ant2415d antenna to use with my wr841hp router and doesnt seem to work. replaced one antenna using original tplink cable (ant24pt3) but i didnt notice any range gain... do i need to change something in router settings? how can u tell if tha antenna is working or not?pd: i tryed it out with ap wa901nd too, with no results either... dont know what to do...
Options
32 Reply
2017-07-15 21:12:40
Model : WBS210

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am using two WBS210 with the HyperGain Backfire 2.4GHz antenna. Most of the time it works, but sometimes the connection is very bad ;-(

When I have a look at the ping-times, they are very different! Sometimes it takes less than 1ms and in other times it takes about 1200ms. The distance is between two villages so there isn't much noice or other signals that can disturb the signal!

What can I do to get a fast and secure connection? I tried already the specturm analysis and in the starttime I have activated security mode: WPA-PSK with an long internet generated password. But now I removed it because I thought that this is the reason for the slow connection. Now also the ping-times are going from 1ms to 900ms.

Should I increase the Transmit Power? But therefore I must change the Antenne Gain.
My HyperGain Backfire has a Antenna Gain of 14dBi.
Options
TP-Link WBS210 - distance between 2km - ping-times differ
2017-07-15 21:22:55
Model : WBS210

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am using two WBS210 with the HyperGain Backfire 2.4GHz antenna. Most of the time it works, but sometimes the connection is very bad ;-(

When I have a look at the ping-times, they are very different! Sometimes it takes less than 1ms and in other times it takes about 1200ms. The distance is between two villages so there isn't much noice or other signals that can disturb the signal!

What can I do to get a fast and secure connection? I tried already the specturm analysis and in the starttime I have activated security mode: WPA-PSK with an long internet generated password. But now I removed it because I thought that this is the reason for the slow connection. Now also the ping-times are going from 1ms to 900ms.

Should I increase the Transmit Power? But therefore I must change the Antenne Gain.
My HyperGain Backfire has a Antenna Gain of 14dBi.
Options
Re:Using 2 TP-Link WBS210 in a distance of 2km - ping times
2017-07-15 22:19:07

sunshineh wrote

The distance is between two villages so there isn't much noice or other signals that can disturb the signal!

What makes you so sure that there isn't "much noise"? Did you measure the RF noise to proof this? Of course, ping times over the air depend heavily on the quality of the radio link and the latter depends on the noise/interferences in the frequency band used for the link.

What can I do to get a fast and secure connection?

Consider the use of antennas matching electrical characteristics of the WBS, such as the TL-ANT2424MD dish antenna for the WBS210 or (even better) switch to the 5 GHz band by using a WBS510 with TL-ANT5830MD dish antenna. The 5 GHz band is much better suited for directional radio links over long distances.

If you insist to stay in the 2.4GHz band and if you plan to use the TL-ANT2424MD dish antenna, make sure to obey the regulatory limits for total EIRP. Since this antenna has 24dBi gain, it violates the law in the EU, so you can use the TL-ANT2424MD only in other countries allowing an EIRP over the 20dBm limit.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-07-15 22:46:17
For the 2km it publishes we are a little to the real limit of the connection distance of that equipment with the use of a standard sector antenna ... this changes with the use of directional antenna like the one that describes ... The fact that this Between two villages does not mean that the radio spectrum is totally clean ... but from what I read, you are using a MiMo device, with an SiSO antenna ... that you have connected to the RF free output remains....???? He has left it outdoors ... ???? The datasheet does not give more data of that antenna, so I deduce that it is SiSo ...

With which equipment / antenna is receiving the signal ... ???
Is a PtP .... ???
Is a MtPT ... ????
What distance is it trying to cover ... ????
Has line of sight ... ???

In order .... many more questions to makeyou for the little information that it provides ....

Should support us to support you by providing more useful / accurate information ... remember that in order to help you we should not play guessing ....

You could also publish here a screenshot of the state of connection of the devices involved ... (main tab to start) ...

Regards ....
Options
2017-07-18 16:30:44
Thank you for your answer. I checked the distance again at it is 1.2km.
Before we had the same connection with the TP-Link Wireless AP WA5210G and it worked fine (with the same antenna). We are using this antenna and haven't changed the position http://www.allnet-shop.de/Hypergain/HyperGain-2-4-Ghz-Richtfunkantenne-14-dBi-HG2414D.html. We changes only the TP-Link Hardware.
I can see the other antenna, but there are two trees between, but thats not to hard for the funk connection.
Here are a screenshots from the actual settings

Best Regards
(Do you need more informations?)
Options
2017-07-18 19:11:06
Perfect ... I have already published information from the AP .... now the data of the station is missing...

Regards...
Options
2017-07-18 20:00:32
What do you mean with "data of the station"?
Thank you
Options
2017-07-19 02:28:34
The station refers to the equipment that receives the signal at the other end ...

You must also publish the connection details on the device to connect .. ejm a laptop or desktop pc ... what data gets from the connection ... IP, Gateway, DNS etc ...

Also from the network tab of the 210 ... and data of main router...

Regards...
Options
2017-07-19 14:43:01
On both sides we are having a Fritzbox 7490 and modern computer. But we have nothing changed her!

The only thing we made is to replace my old TP Link 150 Mbps Outdoor Accesspoints with the two new 300Mbps TP Link Accesspoints.
Before we made the exchange the speed test from the client show 15.000 kbit/s Download- and 10.000 kbit/s Uploadspeed
Now with the new I did the same test (at the same time) and have only 4.400 kbit/s Download- and 5.500 kbit/s Uploadspeed.

Could it be that the new router can't work correctly with the Hyperlink-Antenna?
Options
2017-07-19 18:20:34

sunshineh wrote

Could it be that the new router can't work correctly with the Hyperlink-Antenna?

Yes. The hyperlink antenna isn't a MIMO antenna (requires a dual polarized antenna) and electrical characteristics can differ, too.

As for your wireless settings:

Set channel width to 20 MHz. The 20/40 MHz setting will force the WBS to try to allocate as much as 8 channels (5 MHz each) for simultaneous use.

Additionally, let the WBS find the best channel by either setting it to Auto or by finding the most unused channel manually (difficult in overcrowded 2.4 GHz band).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5373

Replies: 32