Outgoing FTP connection to hosted Server fails in passive mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-03 16:39:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello Everybody,

I am new to this forum and managing a small business network (part time).

We are operating the ER5120 with two WAN connection (DSL) in our company. When we try to connect to an external FTP server in passive mode, we always receive timeouts. This happens only from inside our network with multiple applications, so I expect this to be a firewall problem.
This is the error message we get:

Are there any suggestions on how to configure the ER5120 to solve this problem?

Thank you and best regards,
Oliver
Options
4 Reply
Re:Outgoing FTP connection to hosted Server fails in passive mode
2017-08-16 16:00:23
Hi dude, have you ever try to disable the firewall? BTW, if you can translate the error to English, maybe we can find what the problem is.
Options
2017-08-18 18:21:56
Hi Panda,

I tried that and I think the problem occurs due to the two WANs we use. The ftp server doesnt like the switching between the two lines (IP adresses). I think I should set a rule that all ftp connection independant of the local client run through or the one or the other WAN, but I have no idea to set this up.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thx,
Oliver
Options
2017-08-24 17:45:55

OliverR wrote

Hi Panda,

I tried that and I think the problem occurs due to the two WANs we use. The ftp server doesnt like the switching between the two lines (IP adresses). I think I should set a rule that all ftp connection independant of the local client run through or the one or the other WAN, but I have no idea to set this up.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thx,
Oliver

I think the Policy Routing can do that. You can refer to the UG of ER5120. Or check the FAQ 530. http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-530.html
Options
2017-10-17 11:54:51
I'm dealing with the same problem in my website: طراحی سایت و پوسته وردپرس
What should i do to solve it?
It's making me crazy!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1110

Replies: 4

Related Articles