CPE210 connection question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-14 17:15:25
Model : CPE210

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I've installed two CPE210. They see each other, I can do a pingtest with 20ms answer-time and I can open the Access Point Backend from the Client side.

But I can't do a speed test.
On the one side (Client) I am getting a "the operation is timeout" message and on the other side (AP) "fail load".

Could it be that a roof is to near or how can I adjust it correctly?
Options
6 Reply
Re:CPE210 connection question
2017-08-14 20:00:44

sunshineh wrote

Could it be that a roof is to near or how can I adjust it correctly?

The requirement for a wireless connection is that there must be at all times line of sight or LoS, it means that the equipment must be seen among themselves and be higher than the obstacle in a straight line higher ... a slight obstruction of this LoS and The link will start to fail, and if this one is more committed, nor what to do ...

You must solve this first of all ...

Another thing is that it should provide more information, such as the distance between devices ... without forgetting if they are correctly elineated ...

Regards...
Options
2017-08-14 23:14:25
The distance is 1.9km. The CPE210 reaches the other all the time (directly), but perhaps a roof is disturbing. It is lower, but only a bit (perhaps 1.5m).
Would it be better to use the CPE510 or an external antenna?

What should be shown on the status page for "Wireless Signal Quality" (Signal Strength, Noise Strength, SNR, Transmit CCQ) that the connection is strong enough?
Or can something else be the reason for the incorrect speed test? Because I can reach the backend from the other CPE210 through the air.
Options
2017-08-15 05:44:43
1.9km, you are very limited, since you are not your country and the regulations of power ..., but for that distance with maximum power, in particular tests of mine, it is just what allows a decent transfer rate ...

You say you have a roof near that would disturb your signal. This solves by placing more height in both devices so that you can have a fresnel zone clear and unobstructed ...

In regards to that you need an external antenna, this I do not understand it well, the CPE210 is an outdoor device, if you have it inside the house, it will not fulfill its function and you would be wasting the goodness of a good device ...

You could in the end place the screenshot of the status tab of the cpe210 to see all the connection parameters and signal levels ... before buying a cpe510

Regards...
Options
2017-08-15 07:24:21
sunshine, a month ago the distance was 2km at first, a week later it was only 1.2km in your post #6 and in post #14 it was 2.9km in your previous thread here, now it's 1.9km. Actually, if the remote house is moving away from LoS each week, it will be hard for you to keep a stable link in place.

And I bet this distance is not even a kilometer from what I see on the photo you did post. I guess it's max. 600 to 800 meters.

As for the CPE210 you had been warned by Victor and by me already: it will perform worser than a CPE510/WBS510 for various technical reasons, most notably overlapping channels.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-08-15 15:57:18
First I have done a few tests with different distances in real. Here I have 1.9/2km (you see at the photo).
Options
2017-08-15 18:50:59
Ok, back to the speed test problem.

Just to make sure: did you start a server for the speed test? If there is no server running, speed test sometimes report the " Operation is timeout" message instead of the missing server warning:

If you did start a server on the remote CPE, close the window and log out from the remote CPE before logging into the local CPE to perform the speed test. Otherwise the remote web UI will display the error message " Failure to load data" resulting from failed AJAX calls.

If it still does throw errors, go to the Wireless menu and select " Auto" for Distance Setting below Wireless Advanced Settings.

Wait until the CPEs re-synced. Then take a screenshot of the Status page. We need to see the status of " Wireless Settings", " Wireless Signal Quality" and " Radio Status".
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 919

Replies: 6

Related Articles