How to control my Tapo/Kasa camera via Amazon Alexa with voice commands

Released On: 2021-06-22 10:07:17Last update time: a week ago

Thanks to Alexa Integration, we can watch a live feed of the Tapo/Kasa camera on Amazon Echo Show, Echo Spot, or Fire TV with an Amazon Fire stick. If you have one of these Amazon devices, you can use simple voice commands to stream your Tapo/Kasa camera videos on your Amazon Echo/Fire TV once connected.

Step 1

Link your Tapo/Kasa smart device with Amazon Alexa referring to How to make my TP-Link Kasa Device work with Amazon Alexa and How to make my Tapo device work with Amazon Alexa.

Step 2

Control your Tapo/Kasa cameras based on the below voice commands.

Tapo Camera Control Commands:

Show the camera live feed:

“Alexa, show me the [Camera Name]”

Stop the camera live feed:

“Alexa, Hide the [Camera Name]”

Kasa Camera Control Commands:

Show the camera live feed:

“Alexa, show me the [Camera Name]”

Stop the camera live feed:

“Alexa, Hide the [Camera Name]”

“Alexa, go Home”

“Alexa, Stop”

Note: 

1. Currently, the Tapo/Kasa camera doesn’t support the “camera on/off” command due to possible security risks. For example, an intruder could potentially shut off your cameras with a simple command.

2.  “Camera Name” is user-defined in the Tapo App. You can tap the camera on the Tapo app > Home tab to enter its Live View page, tap the icon at the top right corner to enter its Device Settings page, and then go to its Device Info > Device Name page to edit the camera name.

The length of time you can stream the live feed on Amazon devices

Watching the live feed of Tapo/Kasa cameras through Amazon Alexa will use your internet traffic as it’s a Cloud-to-Cloud service. In consideration of your extranet traffic and performance, the live feed will stop automatically after 10 minutes. You can ask Alexa to show the camera again if you want to continue streaming.

For detailed instructions, please refer to this article: How to control my Tapo / Kasa smart devices via Amazon Alexa with voice commands

Comment
upload
    upload