This switch helped me alot.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-24 14:23:03 - last edited 2019-09-26 08:48:20

After having TP-Link Easy Smart switches that 1, prevented me from removing vlan 1 from interfaces, 2 struggled to forward data (yes, idk how but moving my network traffic onto the switch caused packet loss) I decided to never buy them again. I bought the netgear prosafe plus switch instead as I had a netgear switch somewhere else and never had an issue with it. The TP-Links are going to bin, all 3 of them. The second TP link in a remote location caused massive packet loss and internet instability as well, I used to think it was an ISP issue.  appvalley tutuapp tweakbox

Options
1 Reply
Re:This switch helped me alot.
2019-09-24 15:21:55 - last edited 2019-09-24 15:25:54

Since you did solve your problem already, that's just for other users stumbling across this post:

1. Of course you can remove ports from default VLAN 1 on Easy Smart Switches - just update to the latest firmware.

2. We use plenty of Easy Smart switches and do not experience packet losses. As for RXBadPkt statistics in VLAN-enabled networks, this is a misnomer - it should read »RxTotalPkt« and »RxTaggedPkt« instead of »RxGoodPkt/RxBadPkt«. It's just the count of VLAN-tagged packets, not errors. See this and this post for more information.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1136

Replies: 1

Related Articles